Skout Skout Epoch Share and Discussion

I was amazed with the numbers that I almost thought my chronograph was off, lol.
All this talk about the Epoch I got it out and shot a group off my tripod sitting on my stool at 50 yards. My reg is actually at 1620 after it settles down after 1/2 a magazine here’s two quick groups. The first one is not great but the second one’s better. Off a bench it is amazing what it can do. Both are 6 shot groups. The second one I dropped one, that was me but with no rear support but I think it is ok.

View attachment 441287

View attachment 441288
Great groups!

Reactions: Heyboy
I should be receiving my EPOCH slug liner barrel today along with a tin of matched Corbin slugs. I stuck with the standard barrel as I like the current length. The SKOUT team has been great to work with and answered all my questions. Apparently it comes with a stronger HP reg spring but they recommended starting out with the current set up with the HP set at 1700 to 1750 and the LP around 190-200. Should yield the recommended 920fps with the 48.8gr slugs. If any issues getting there then you could try the stronger spring. I also want to see how it shoots 34gr pellets.

Just need to find time to get out to the local range to try it out. In the meantime I will try to chrono it at home to confirm velocity targets at the above settings. Stay tuned.