N/A SKOUT. EPOCH OR DAYSTATE ALPHA WOLF

Hi,
I can not stop myself wanting a electronic PCP, i have asked a few questions on Epoch threads as i only really hunt having said that i,m lucky enough to have recently set up my own range on my property from 50-120 yds, I,m interested in both rifles but struggling to decide on which one, Prices are similar and i only shoot slugs at this moment but that could change but as said prob be around 80% hunting/ play shooting and 20% trying to improve my skills target shooting,
I really enjoy long distance shooting again on my own land as i find it challenging play shooting oranges at 200yds plus and could do with some advice which rifle would suit best, i have taken a good few rabbits at this distance too,
any advice good or bad welcome..

I own a .25 Skout (see the post that immediately follows yours) and a Red Wolf. Both are incredibly accurate. For me, the Skout is immeasurably easier to tune and tweak. It is the perfect hybrid between electronic and manual. The magazine system is incredible. I love them both but if I could only have one and primarily shoot from a bench or rest position, it would be the Skout. Note that I have not tried slugs through my Skout as I have an FX Panthera that shoots slugs like a laser. I didnt purchase the Skout for slug shooting and its accuracy with pellets out to 100 yards is more than sufficient to hit anything I want to hit anytime.

I have been extremely impressed with what SKOUT has been producing and they seem like a great company that stands behind their products. I will be ordering one once they release it in .45.

Here is a video with the owner of SKOUT explaining the workings of the EPOCH. The owner Bill is obviously very enthusiastic about the EPOCH and he should be proud of his accomplishments. I also give Bill much credit in having patience during this interview. The video is a bit long, but he covers many aspects of this fine rifle, and if your going to spend $3K, it will be well worth your time.

I've never owned an Alpha Wolf, so my opinion should be read with that in mind. Given these price points I struggled deciding on which rifle to buy too.

I have the 25" barrel .25 caliber Skout. I really love this air rifle. I have no regrets buying it. I've mostly been shooting 50 yards because that's all the room I have out back. I'm able to shoot tight groups at that distance. I was finally able to shoot at 100 yards yesterday. I really have to hand it to the folks that shoot tight at that distance. My hat is off to you all. I'm finding that, at this point, the Epoch is capable of shooting much better than I am, but I will continue to practice.

It's very easy to tune, I get enough shots per charge to keep me happy before I have to fill, I like the 25 shot mag and the way it loads. It seems really well built but It is a bit heavy and I think that makes it more difficult to shoot off hand.

Make that 4-1 lol. I have never owned a Scout Epoch but hope to some day! I do own an Alpha Wolf .22 and I can’t say enough nice things about gun. Incredibly well built, laser accurate and the best looking rifle I’ve ever owned! It’s also easy to tune and has an on board Chronograph. Also you never see these for sale on the forum as those who own are reluctant to sell! Hard to beat..
8618C1C6-2CCB-474F-ABA7-33D96BAEBDA5.jpeg

Last edited:
Hi,
I can not stop myself wanting a electronic PCP, i have asked a few questions on Epoch threads as i only really hunt having said that i,m lucky enough to have recently set up my own range on my property from 50-120 yds, I,m interested in both rifles but struggling to decide on which one, Prices are similar and i only shoot slugs at this moment but that could change but as said prob be around 80% hunting/ play shooting and 20% trying to improve my skills target shooting,
I really enjoy long distance shooting again on my own land as i find it challenging play shooting oranges at 200yds plus and could do with some advice which rifle would suit best, i have taken a good few rabbits at this distance too,
I own both - the Alphawolf and a .177 Skout Epoch. The Alphawolf is superior in many ways but only because Skout hasn’t had as much time to sort out some smaller caliber magazine issues. I suggest doing a search with the keyword Skout here on AGN and read. If customer service is number one, Skout wins hands down. Hard to beat a 5 year Daystate Warranty. The Skout isn’t a great wander around platform; it is definitely more at home on a bench. Presently Accessories are much more readily available for the Alphawolf. Hopefully this information helps.

Can ONLY state ... seen as well heard of a few having issues with odd inconsistencies with the DW & AW rifles, tho no personal experiences.
Do have 9 months of EPOCH experience.
They are by size & weight alone completely different platforms and will share very little outside being electronic managed PCP pellet rifles :unsure:

The SKOUT is very different and IMO a real standout in not only functional operation but actual shooting .. I'm really enjoying it 🥰

Geeeeze thanks to everyone’s input i,m completely torn one minute its the Epoch and then i look at that picture posted above of the red AW and it starts my mind spinning again i have done loads of research, The Epoch with a long barrel looks like it could well be a canon of a rifle especially when the slug barrels are released,
i need a beer ……

Reactions: MAUMAU
Geeeeze thanks to everyone’s input i,m completely torn one minute its the Epoch and then i look at that picture posted above of the red AW and it starts my mind spinning again i have done loads of research, The Epoch with a long barrel looks like it could well be a canon of a rifle especially when the slug barrels are released,
i need a beer ……
Im much the same way when it comes to the blue alpha wolf. But skouts service has been stellar with people who care.

Let me add another option that is similar, and I can recommend in .30 caliber. The BRK Ghost. Oh wait, also the .30 Kalibrgun Cricket TAC. Can't go wrong with any of these guns including the Delta/Alpha Wolf and Skout...
Thanks,
i have a Huben and a Vulcan 3 and a M3 so really it has to be electronic for no other reason than i want one..

Reactions: Centercut
Hi,
Sorry for reviving an old thread, but if you bought, which one did you end up going with? I’m curious about doing something similar and would love to hear your thoughts.

Reactions: Dairyboy