• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

SKOUT Epoch - First shots right out of the box!

Perhaps you've never shot in stiff winds with a pellet that has a BC of .036. It's cool if you haven't but the video clearing showed wind conditions. Also, that support didn't look great. Also, he was dialing the scope in those conditions. Did you consider any of these variables? I digress.............
When there is hurricane level 5 blowing out there I do not even try to shoot at all. Pellet can change o Zip Code easily....

But when light blowing wind that is normal daily, at 50 yards you can expect some accuracy.

Very first thing I'd do if I get that Skout is turn off the voice prompts...good lawd, how many times can you stand to hear "Fire timer ON, fire timer OFF" before you shoot yourself??? I actually stopped watching the video because of that...
I agree that would be very annoying every shot, would suck out in the wood hunting hearing that. Hopefully you can shut that thing up 😀 nice video though..

Reactions: AirShootist
The groups may not look to impressive, but it’s early and lots of tuning to explore: barrels, pellets, regulators, dwell etc.

Shooting conditions play such a huge factor in groups, you can have a respectable tune and not even realize it!

The only way to achieve a honest repeatable tune or should I say level of acceptable accuracy is to shoot, shoot, shoot, get very comfortable with your gun its traits and characteristics. A big issue I have and others is frustration, sometimes I just have to put the gun away, and come back to it with a objective attitude.

Have fun and keep us posted!

Definitely keep the audio on max at the NAC, if you want to irritate and be hated by the shooters next to you. They should of licensed Sophia Vegaras voice, then you could at least make people laugh and smile!
Be better if you could get it to play some annoying music.

When there is hurricane level 5 blowing out there I do not even try to shoot at all. Pellet can change o Zip Code easily....

But when light blowing wind that is normal daily, at 50 yards you can expect some accuracy.
Oh you are so right, I was in horribly swirling gusty conditions at 50 yards with a .25 going for ground squirrels and they were sitting in their lounge chairs laughing and pointing, quite humiliating.

Very first thing I'd do if I get that Skout is turn off the voice prompts...good lawd, how many times can you stand to hear "Fire timer ON, fire timer OFF" before you shoot yourself??? I actually stopped watching the video because of that...
Yeah...I couldn't make it through the video myself... Couldn't stand that crap.. definitely not my thing..

@AirShootist I understand your excitement (we all do) and also understand you wanted to show it off ( I would too) but how about disabling the voice and rock that rifle again.. so we can make it through the video and listen what "you" have to say about your rifle.. I got so distracted over that annoying computer voice I couldn't see straight and stopped your video... Sharp looking gun dude.. no doubt.. I wanna hear you and your thoughts... That's it..

Yeah...I couldn't make it through the video myself... Couldn't stand that crap.. definitely not my thing..

@AirShootist I understand your excitement (we all do) and also understand you wanted to show it off ( I would too) but how about disabling the voice and rock that rifle again.. so we can make it through the video and listen what "you" have to say about your rifle.. I got so distracted over that annoying computer voice I couldn't see straight and stopped your video... Sharp looking gun dude.. no doubt.. I wanna hear you and your thoughts... That's it..
100%. Imagine my distraction from it as the shooter. Super, super valid criticism. Thank you. To be fair, I did cut tons of it out when/where I could.

Reactions: Jasonmc
100%. Imagine my distraction from it as the shooter. Super, super valid criticism. Thank you. To be fair, I did cut tons of it out when/where I could.
Oh man I can see that being distracting after awhile. But just like you I would probably overlook at first. As I would be so excited I couldn't see straight to finally have it in my hands.. I'm sure there will be more videos that fallow. I'll be waiting.
Congrats on your long awaited rifle!

Awesome video, thank you so much for a real world, honest video. I stopped watching many other channels.

How much did the Epouch bark? Also, does the fit and finish look good or is it a bunch of chinesium assembled in PA? From some of the other videos I gleaned that there seems to be a lot of chinesium in it, but not sure.

Many Thanks for the video!

Awesome video, thank you so much for a real world, honest video. I stopped watching many other channels.

How much did the Epouch bark? Also, does the fit and finish look good or is it a bunch of chinesium assembled in PA? From some of the other videos I gleaned that there seems to be a lot of chinesium in it, but not sure.

Many Thanks for the video!
The loudness is not really all that bad. Just seems super loud when you're used to shooting ultra quiet .22 caliber FX's. My old man was about 100 yards away in the front yard and I asked him if he could hear it and he said "hear what?" Lol

Fit and finish is superb. If you've ever handled a DLX Luxe paintball marker or a Shocker, its similar quality to that.

Thanks for your nice comments, king.

I have never watched an Epoch video to date, until yours. I was hoping the action would cycle more smoothly. Or I should say that I am surprised it sounds so clunky with each and every cocking stroke.
I too don’t have a desire for a gun that talks. With the exception being something like ‘low air’ or low battery’.

Good shooting at 100 yards.
Enjoy.

I have never watched an Epoch video to date, until yours. I was hoping the action would cycle more smoothly. Or I should say that I am surprised it sounds so clunky with each and every cocking stroke.
I too don’t have a desire for a gun that talks. With the exception being something like ‘low air’ or low battery’.

Good shooting at 100 yards.
Enjoy.
It was pretty smooth. Keep in mind you're not cocking a hammer & spring back. I think what you might be hearing is the giant mass of lead in the aluminum magazine springing forward. The thing holds 22 rounds in .30!

The groups may not look to impressive, but it’s early and lots of tuning to explore: barrels, pellets, regulators, dwell etc.

Shooting conditions play such a huge factor in groups, you can have a respectable tune and not even realize it!

The only way to achieve a honest repeatable tune or should I say level of acceptable accuracy is to shoot, shoot, shoot, get very comfortable with your gun its traits and characteristics. A big issue I have and others is frustration, sometimes I just have to put the gun away, and come back to it with a objective attitude.

Have fun and keep us posted!
..also taking in consideration this is SKOUTs 1st airgun and its already a high performer competing with the best in the marked.