• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Skout Epoch at $2450 now?

Just saw this on facebook. Didn't see a thread about it. Only different seems to be the removal of the 2 extra barrels you get with the rifle normally.
I don't understand why it wasn't initially released this way, would have made it more accessible to people unless manufacturing was very limited.
I might now actually be able to afford one to do a review on.

359800081_10229843714746196_1056451645270024760_n.jpg
359809128_10229843714706195_1501711927132096259_n.jpg

Just saw this on facebook. Didn't see a thread about it. Only different seems to be the removal of the 2 extra barrels you get with the rifle normally.
I don't understand why it wasn't initially released this way, would have made it more accessible to people unless manufacturing was very limited.
I might now actually be able to afford one to do a review on.

View attachment 372779View attachment 372780
Because it doesn't include the extra barrels.

Yes the $$$ difference can be justified by inclusion/exclusion of the liners.....but if I was a betting man.....at the intro price they likely weren't selling as many as they thought they would.

And that's fine, this is how economics works..... Sellers sell for the highest price the market will bear, and if sales #s don't match projected/desired then they lower the price, simple as that.

Yes the $$$ difference can be justified by inclusion/exclusion of the liners.....but if I was a betting man.....at the intro price they likely weren't selling as many as they thought they would.

And that's fine, this is how economics works..... Sellers sell for the highest price the market will bear, and if sales #s don't match projected/desired then they lower the price, simple as that.
I just purchased a Skout in .177 via Utah Air - full kit at a very reasonable price! No Tax, And great service.

Was just too rich for the average bonkers air gun nut. I thought the introduction price was optimistic.
I would bet what they found out was not too many were interested in the barrel swaps. Just ask anyone who bought an FX whatever with the intent to swap barrels. I fell for it once and that was enough. If I want the same gun in a different caliber, I will save my pennies and buy a whole gun.
So, your new gun ain’t moving so well? Pull the barrels out of the deal and it looks like you lowered the price with that simple move. In reality, the gun was just too expensive and you needed to get into a realistic price range and provide some cover for doing so.
nothing wrong with any of this. Just business doing business. Hope the sale improve for them.

Well, it's made in China so it should no be even that expensive.
That’s funny, I just got back from visiting with Skout Airguns and their assemblers and techs. Perhaps I was in China, but it sure seemed like we drove to Pennsylvania …

Not bad and what i wished / asked for.
Sadly the second a Epoch Scout enter into the worlds best little country, the 2400 USD price will be 3300 USD if not more

And that is about 2X of what i would pay for a air rifle.

PS: I do NOT blame Scout one bit of course, my problems are truly my problems and as problems always are here, expensive.
...errr...you must have meant the SECOND-best little country, undoubtedly...lollol...

You my friend, should do your research before making comments!!
Hey not me saying it, that is what the company guy said on one of the early threads, the parts are designed but then made in the factory in China, ...I didn't say it, the actual company man said that and you can go check it for yourself in one of the early threads

Last edited:
What platform shooting are you setting this one up for?

Keith
Hi Keith, I’m going to piddle with it for a while but typically I buy .177 rigs and play FT in the backyard until it reveals itself to be worthy or…..? I’m always looking for a rig that agrees with me for standing and kneeling as that’s where I give away 8 points 😵‍💫 when is y’all’s next FT shoot?

I’m actually in New York this weekend shooting. A lot of really great shooters here. Eric set up a pretty difficult course today. I managed a 43 with several bone head mental mistakes. Still not bad for my 3 rd shoot. Still getting my setup dialed in and routine that’s 100% repeatable without having to think about it. I’m close though.