Skout Epoch - 3 innovative designs

Okay okay it started out when my friend got into Land Rovers first, then US cars, and then i got into RC of course with a American product ( Losi ) as the very first.
And also getting a education at the Danish railroads, running GM diesels in the trains, well soon i learned what imperial sizes was = to some Metric one, or close enough to work at least.
It was quite a relief working on the little shunters, which was local made, and so metric inside and out.

**Poof** [materializes out of the shadows]

I've been following SKOUT Airgun's progress from day # 1,
[And apparently was already a 'supporter' - when I found out who they already are/were]
So many years ago - it might as well have been in another lifetime - I was Big into Paintball guns..
That said, I ended up doing what all of us Airgun addicts do - Research Performance stuff, accessorize, customize..
I've used pieces and parts from these guns on said Paintball guns, And They Where Always 100% Top Notch!
Fast-Forward-To-Present-Time . . . It's Awesome to see that a huge innovator in a niche field is Still Innovating,
and this time, just took things from Paintball guns to Airguns. [Broken down - Pneumatics Are Pneumatics ]
Initially I was going to do a pre-order for one, but as usual [for me] "life" got n the way..
I still look forward to when the rifles become ready/shipped out/in the hands of their new owners/users..
It's going to be killer to see them up in person and in action!
[I'm opting for *most likely - a .22 cal, 2nd choice would be in .25 cal]
If I go w/ .22 cal, they'll be the last of the last for SKOUT to produce anyways, so the 'wait-time' isn't as unbearable. lol

🤘😎

Sam -

**Poof** [materializes out of the shadows]

I've been following SKOUT Airgun's progress from day # 1,
[And apparently was already a 'supporter' - when I found out who they already are/were]
So many years ago - it might as well have been in another lifetime - I was Big into Paintball guns..
That said, I ended up doing what all of us Airgun addicts do - Research Performance stuff, accessorize, customize..
I've used pieces and parts from these guns on said Paintball guns, And They Where Always 100% Top Notch!
Fast-Forward-To-Present-Time . . . It's Awesome to see that a huge innovator in a niche field is Still Innovating,
and this time, just took things from Paintball guns to Airguns. [Broken down - Pneumatics Are Pneumatics ]
Initially I was going to do a pre-order for one, but as usual [for me] "life" got n the way..
I still look forward to when the rifles become ready/shipped out/in the hands of their new owners/users..
It's going to be killer to see them up in person and in action!
[I'm opting for *most likely - a .22 cal, 2nd choice would be in .25 cal]
If I go w/ .22 cal, they'll be the last of the last for SKOUT to produce anyways, so the 'wait-time' isn't as unbearable. lol

🤘😎

Sam -
Same here. Happy to wait for the .22 slug slinger, meanwhile we will see if the global platform has some issues

Reactions: DirtyDovi
@AEAC Best video overview out there so far. A factory tour would be incredible and fantastic for your channel.

Who will be the first to release videos of it shooting at targets?
The only thing I would like to see is how they make their barrels, but we will definitely not watch that movie! For that price, Skout Airguns should have had precise digital pressure gauges, and as a gift a gauge for selecting ammunition like "Pelletgage com" has and a precise scale...

@Skout-airguns A question most slug shooter's will be wondering, what is the maximum length of slug in each caliber will the magazine will hold?
And what is the real bore diameter of the standard barrel for each caliber? Yes, I know they will give us a + and - barrel, but is always a good idea to know where to start

Reactions: EDventure
@AEAC Best video overview out there so far. A factory tour would be incredible and fantastic for your channel.

Who will be the first to release videos of it shooting at targets?
The owner / engineer does a great job explaining his product accurately and correctly. I must admit AEAC did a nice job PREsenting the product with still images and again the PREsentor did a great job with his PREZentaion.. "C?"

Looks good. I hope it is very efficient. But let’s not confuse operating at a lower pressure with efficiency. That remains to be seen…
Technically operating at a lower PSI becomes more efficient, not by how much air used per shot, but by how low into the pressure of the bottle it can shoot effectively.

This "issue" has been hacked and hashed out on for years in the paintball world.

Air usage being the same per shot, you can get more shots from a 3k/4500 fill down to 800psi than you can from the same down to 1500 PSI. How much is used per shot isn't the only factor.

Technically operating at a lower PSI becomes more efficient, not by how much air used per shot, but by how low into the pressure of the bottle it can shoot effectively.

This "issue" has been hacked and hashed out on for years in the paintball world.

Air usage being the same per shot, you can get more shots from a 3k/4500 fill down to 800psi than you can from the same down to 1500 PSI. How much is used per shot isn't the only factor.
Agree, but how many shots available because of increased pressure usage differential is not the definition of efficiency. It’s how much air is used per FPE, and not total shots.

Reactions: SupremaRatio
I have been following the development of air weapons intensively for 15 years, this valve of yours impressed me as well as the regulators because I did not enter the world of paintball . I know that for a long time the famous AA manufacturers arrogantly and narcissistically ignored the advice of ordinary people who were passionate AA enthusiasts and who came up with some proven advances in the world of airguns that they are only now slowly introducing into their models.
I would change a few things on your weapon if I could.
-Barrels, one liner with choke for diabolos, two liners for slugs, for regular slugs and heavy (long) slugs.
Short barrels for the compact version.
- Shroud barrel would be filled with lower pressure from the regulator for less barrel vibrations.
- Regulator for slugs (150-250 bar)
- Large plenum for strength and efficiency! because it is known and proven that the optimal 1FPE(ft-lbs)= 1CC (min 1/2CC)
Try these proven recipes and you will get a medal.
We have a saying "a man and a donkey are smarter than the man himself"...

Last edited:
I have been following the development of air weapons intensively for 15 years, this valve of yours impressed me as well as the regulators because I did not enter the world of paintball . I know that for a long time the famous AA manufacturers arrogantly and narcissistically ignored the advice of ordinary people who were passionate AA enthusiasts and who came up with some proven advances in the world of airguns that they are only now slowly introducing into their models.
I would change a few things on your weapon if I could.
-Barrels, one liner with choke for diabolos, two liners for slugs, for regular slugs and heavy (long) slugs.
Short barrels for the compact version.
- Shroud barrel would be filled with lower pressure from the regulator for less barrel vibrations.
- Regulator for slugs (150-250 bar)
- Large plenum for strength and efficiency! because it is known and proven that the optimal 1FPE(ft-lbs)= 1CC (min 1/2CC)
Try these proven recipes and you will get a medal.
We have a saying "a man and a donkey are smarter than the man himself"...
I don't completely agree with you, honestly.
-You will be able to purchase every type of barrel you will need. If they will be good or bad, this is another topic. A lot of people don't shoot slugs, and if you are a pure slug shooter, you will be able to purchase the Skout Epoch+slug barrels without spending cash on pellet barrels
-filling the shroud with air means a more leaks-friendly gun, and we still don't have evidences that it helps with harmonics. Also, if you fill your shroud with pressurised air, forgot the noise reduction. I prefer a good, thick barrel with a classic shroud, but this is me
-regulator for slugs means nothing. Some guns need 180bar reg to reach the same speed that other guns achieve with 140, for example
-about the plenum, I'm with you. Doesn't matter how good the valve is, a medium to big plenum is always legit.