• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Skout Epoch - 3 innovative designs

I don't completely agree with you, honestly.
-You will be able to purchase every type of barrel you will need. If they will be good or bad, this is another topic. A lot of people don't shoot slugs, and if you are a pure slug shooter, you will be able to purchase the Skout Epoch+slug barrels without spending cash on pellet barrels
-filling the shroud with air means a more leaks-friendly gun, and we still don't have evidences that it helps with harmonics. Also, if you fill your shroud with pressurised air, forgot the noise reduction. I prefer a good, thick barrel with a classic shroud, but this is me
-regulator for slugs means nothing. Some guns need 180bar reg to reach the same speed that other guns achieve with 140, for example
-about the plenum, I'm with you. Doesn't matter how good the valve is, a medium to big plenum is always legit.
If they already offer three liners, I would choose the ones I mentioned.
Why would the shroud leak if it was at low pressure? There is evidence that it reduces vibration eg the FX Panther and it can be proven and researched in a transparent high pressure tube using an ultra speed camera.
"regulator for slugs means nothing", my friend, there are people who want to shoot heavy and long projectiles, and for that you need high pressure, especially for large calibers, and the fact that you don't know why "some" guns don't have good internal ballistics is your problem, if you want to find out I'll be happy to answer you in PM so we don't pollute this topic!...

Here it is, Epoch mk2 is already out 😀
SAVE_20230205_182206.jpg

If they already offer three liners, I would choose the ones I mentioned.
Why would the shroud leak if it was at low pressure? There is evidence that it reduces vibration eg the FX Panther and it can be proven and researched in a transparent high pressure tube using an ultra speed camera.
"regulator for slugs means nothing", my friend, there are people who want to shoot heavy and long projectiles, and for that you need high pressure, especially for large calibers, and the fact that you don't know why "some" guns don't have good internal ballistics is your problem, if you want to find out I'll be happy to answer you in PM so we don't pollute this topic!...
No, don't worry, i will not pollute your mail.
Remember that it is not an fx, and Huben and others showed how to reach high speed (shooting heavy slugs) long time ago, with an hammerless system like the Epoch's one, btw.
I'm sorry that i'm too ignorant to have a quite and formative discussion with you.

Last edited:
I saw the youtube yesterday and it seemed interesting. It's probably heavier than I want to carry around and it is definitely more expensive than I have paid so far but it is within reach. I was unfamiliar with spool valves so I looked for more youtubes on that. The most helpful one was by a guy that admitted he preferred hammer/valve type guns for paintball - guns with the same type mechanism all my PCPs have. But I gather there are a lot of guns both ways in the paintball world with usage coming down to individual preference. He also stated spool valve guns tend to have greater air usage but be quieter. Doesn't really tell us much about the Epoch but I found it interesting that spool valves do not dominate in paintball guns. They are preferred by many users, however. Lots of other innovative ideas in the Epoch. I really like it when they were talking about twist rate for barrels and that their barrels are not choked. Assuming the accuracy is there that is what I'd prefer. I'd rather be told the twist rate so I can make up my own mind what to shoot out of the barrel than have somebody tell me a barrel is for slugs or pellets with no information on the twist rate. Probably comes from my powder burner background where it is very common to talk twist rate and you know you need a really fast twist for long high BC bullets.

I have a feeling that the team from Skuot Airguns still doesn't understand what "plenum" means, so people will subsequently install plenums on such an expensive rifle, as happened with the FX Impact, only to have FX introduce a "power plenum" after many years, and Daystate was stingy and put only a 30 cc plenum with a fixed valve, which later turned out not to have enough power and efficiency in larger calibers. Skout plays the card of longer valve opening (15 ms), but later he will see his mistakes!...

It arrived in the EU, but the price is brutal

I saw the youtube yesterday and it seemed interesting. It's probably heavier than I want to carry around and it is definitely more expensive than I have paid so far but it is within reach. I was unfamiliar with spool valves so I looked for more youtubes on that. The most helpful one was by a guy that admitted he preferred hammer/valve type guns for paintball - guns with the same type mechanism all my PCPs have. But I gather there are a lot of guns both ways in the paintball world with usage coming down to individual preference. He also stated spool valve guns tend to have greater air usage but be quieter. Doesn't really tell us much about the Epoch but I found it interesting that spool valves do not dominate in paintball guns. They are preferred by many users, however. Lots of other innovative ideas in the Epoch. I really like it when they were talking about twist rate for barrels and that their barrels are not choked. Assuming the accuracy is there that is what I'd prefer. I'd rather be told the twist rate so I can make up my own mind what to shoot out of the barrel than have somebody tell me a barrel is for slugs or pellets with no information on the twist rate. Probably comes from my powder burner background where it is very common to talk twist rate and you know you need a really fast twist for long high BC bullets.
Hello, I think I missed this.Sorry. Twist rate is 1/38 twist~Darryl