• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Skout Epoch .22 107FPE+!

In checking with SKOUT myself about some .22 parts ( Magazine, Probe and barrel Thimble ) was told not until such time as they sort out the .22 for release.

So a Q for you ... how many shots in a .22 EPOCH magazine ?
Song has a .30 caliber Epoch which he has converted to a .22 through help from the factory. They've provided him with a probe and manufactured a shroud, a barrel and the fittings necessary to allow him to use an 800mm FX Heavy Slug Liner in the gun. Skout is offering this service to anyone who wishes to avail themselves of it. You buy the .30 cal and provide them with the liner of your choice (length and caliber) and they will for a nominal sum (very reasonable) provide you with what you need (probe, barrel, and shroud).
Magazines are net yet available for anything other than the .30, the 357 and the .177. Once the barrel issues with the .22 and the .25 have been sorted out, those guns will be released. Until then, the only way to get a .22 or .25 is to customize an existing .30 caliber which Skout is happy to help you do.

I will add that I don't recommend doing so if your intent is to shoot pellets accurately. I've spent a couple hundred hours working with the gun in .25 attempting to get it shoot pellets in many different configurations including using an FX liner. However, it does appear that Song had sussed out the puzzle of the .22 caliber for those wishing to shoot slugs.

Last edited:
Reactions: SONG55
Was able to update my EPOCH .30 to .22 cal about 3 weeks ago. In doing some prelim testing it shot 18 to 25 grain pellets excellent and tested some Alterios 32 grain SLUGS as well which also appeared to shoot really well at 100 yards. This factory barrel is choked ( pushing threw pellets )

Yesterday removed the TJ .22 3 groove from the JSAR Raptor, cut it down to the required 25" oal, put in a leade semi matching to what OEM barrel profile has.
So now we have 2 barrels that can be swapped back & forth in about 2 minuets.

Also made a change to the BARREL THIMBLE .... as was found with the .30, the center bridge area between the port slots was very wide and blunt being IMO flow restrictive. This was my first go at it to just thin the bridge at ports entry to a air parting edge. Testing saw a slight FPS increase.
Went back in and reworked the bridge again making it THINNER all the way into bore. Retest showed a 35 fps increase changing nothing else.
SO YES .... IMO as SKOUT is manufacturing / machining these 2 slot / port barrel thimbles, they are being a tad conservative leaving some room for improvement.

a1.jpg

Was able to update my EPOCH .30 to .22 cal about 3 weeks ago. In doing some prelim testing it shot 18 to 25 grain pellets excellent and tested some Alterios 32 grain SLUGS as well which also appeared to shoot really well at 100 yards. This factory barrel is choked ( pushing threw pellets )

Yesterday removed the TJ .22 3 groove from the JSAR Raptor, cut it down to the required 25" oal, put in a leade semi matching to what OEM barrel profile has.
So now we have 2 barrels that can be swapped back & forth in about 2 minuets.

Also made a change to the BARREL THIMBLE .... as was found with the .30, the center bridge area between the port slots was very wide and blunt being IMO flow restrictive. This was my first go at it to just thin the bridge at ports entry to a air parting edge. Testing saw a slight FPS increase.
Went back in and reworked the bridge again making it THINNER all the way into bore. Retest showed a 35 fps increase changing nothing else.
SO YES .... IMO as SKOUT is manufacturing / machining these 2 slot / port barrel thimbles, they are being a tad conservative leaving some room for improvement.

View attachment 402939
Nice, how much thinner than that is the final product?