Skout airguns

In my Maverick with the 700 mm barrel, pushing upwards of 1100 FPS.
I have not tried to shoot any of the slugs at slower speeds, the shooting i did on Saturday with my Vulcan 3 the 16 grain was under 900 FPS as i recall,,,,, i have gotten a strange fetish with clearing the last shot string in all my weights in the FX chrono.

Actually just looked and my 20 gr string was still there.

View attachment 284686
Maybe is twist rate... Cedric in his hmr .172 needed a 1-9 to stabilize 24g .. we are trying to shoot 20g from 1-17.7 ... is a big gap from almost 1-18 to 1-9

Reactions: Peashooter
I an not getting stellar groups wit the 20 grains, but i must also say that part of that i think is that i have never found a setting om my Maverick that give me a flat shot string with´little deviation in speed.
I have been sort of close but thats not quite it.

16 grain are better, but i am sure with a barrel tailored for slugs it could be really nice.
Also think that about the 13 grain i prefer, though i can get them to do fairly well

Indeed.
As a Dane i have a very fine threshold for facts and fiction, i would like to thank the Danish politicians for that.
So while i am exited, then i am so at a very leaned back position in my computer chair, with my arms crossed across my chest / fat belly, and my out of the corner of my eye reluctant / sceptical stare i have that down to perfection.

Reactions: K9Air

They created 1 rifle, until the rifle , in that video makes it to the hands of the general public. It is a ghost.

Bmw made a car that ran off water that you could drink the water exiting the tailpipe it was so clean, they made 1.

They also made one car that had a very changeable skin , so if you wanted a new color on Tuesday, it was feasible. They made ... 1.

Neither of which saw themselves being used by Gen pop

My concern at this point is them not reacting to this thread????

Say something, good, bad, or indifferent at this point.

My other concern is i actually sent them an email last week with no response to this point either.

I get it as a small business owner, we are busy, but I sit down every morning after 2 cups of coffee, and a good ball scratching, to answer the previous days emails.

Before i get off on a rant here i will end this by saying to Skout, take the time to answer emails, post up in threads about your New entry into airguns to squash the inevitable, subjective, theories that silence brings upon you.... It's really not that tough of a concept to act upon....

Sadly it often happen that companies only have a token appearance on social media and forums like this.
On another forum i have been on for over a decade only 5 or so brands have a serious appearance on that forum ( and it is the #1 forum for those kind of "toys" ), many other have tried but while the brand still exist their appearance there have dropped off significant to not being there anymore.

Some also come in all guns blazing, and soon find me as one of the #1 persons in there, then they offer me things to review.
Problem is i do not do reviews, i think myself as more of a product development guy, but i generally do a unboxing of things sent to me, and also provide videos for people them self to judge performance, and then i am always available if someone want some raw footage to look at.
And of course helping other people that later on gotten the product with problems they might have with it.
In the big picture you could say in that regard i have a full time unpaid job, CUZ i am generally there at least 8 hours a day trying to help all the people i can.
Also i do very much have a opinion, also on the things i have tested, and i must insist on being able to speak that.
If i have anything bad to say, well i will try and accompany that with the reason i feel that way as that is what i understand as constructive criticism.

And so when they find out it is just on that forum i am "big" and i have no great following on social media, well suddenly the brands are gone, even if i have shown interest in testing their product.
Many others i have had to turn down as free stuff sent to me, well it is not free once customs get their hands on it, and also i suck at multitasking so can not have too many "balls" in the air at the same time if i am to do a OK job.

I do hope Scout dont feel insulted / hurt by the words in here, i dont think any of us are hateing on them in any way, at least i would have a hard time doing that when i barely know more than the name.
Even if i have become rather susceptible and geared for anger and confrontation in my old age, it is rather unflattering and stupid but never the less the truth.

As I read through all these comments I realized manufacturers are danged if they do and danged if they don't.

Folks are upset at Skout b/c there aren't any guns in the wild yet. Well, they're not the only company that has currently announced (and excessively hyped) products that are not available for purchase. In fact, one of the more established airgun manufacturer's primary marketing strategy is to do exactly that, sometimes dragging out the release for over a year, and sometimes NEVER releasing the hyped product (yes FX).

Had Skout released an untested/unready product they would have also been eviscerated. Yet, that's also another common thing that happens from industry manufacturers (start selling without all the bugs being worked out-just do a search up in the upper right hand corner for "beta tester" to see over 5 pages of results, with many of them essentially stating that being a beta tester sucks a big one).

So, danged if they do and danged if they don't. My thoughts are that any competition is great for us (consumers). Especially if that competition might potentially make a big leap forward in performance.

I have no insider information, but I don't think having a little optimism is a bad thing. Maybe the delay is to make sure EVERY SINGLE GUN gets delivered without any problems? Or maybe they're making sure that there won't be any supply chain issues.

More airgun manufacturers are a good thing, not a bad one. After getting a little exposure to us airgunners and our ways, hopefully Skout doesn't decide that our bad attitudes aren't worth the headache and go back to what they know like Tom Kaye did (Shoebox compressors).

As I read through all these comments I realized manufacturers are danged if they do and danged if they don't.

Folks are upset at Skout b/c there aren't any guns in the wild yet. Well, they're not the only company that has currently announced (and excessively hyped) products that are not available for purchase. In fact, one of the more established airgun manufacturer's primary marketing strategy is to do exactly that, sometimes dragging out the release for over a year, and sometimes NEVER releasing the hyped product (yes FX).

Had Skout released an untested/unready product they would have also been eviscerated. Yet, that's also another common thing that happens from industry manufacturers (start selling without all the bugs being worked out-just do a search up in the upper right hand corner for "beta tester" to see over 5 pages of results, with many of them essentially stating that being a beta tester sucks a big one).

So, danged if they do and danged if they don't. My thoughts are that any competition is great for us (consumers). Especially if that competition might potentially make a big leap forward in performance.

I have no insider information, but I don't think having a little optimism is a bad thing. Maybe the delay is to make sure EVERY SINGLE GUN gets delivered without any problems? Or maybe they're making sure that there won't be any supply chain issues.

More airgun manufacturers are a good thing, not a bad one. After getting a little exposure to us airgunners and our ways, hopefully Skout doesn't decide that our bad attitudes aren't worth the headache and go back to what they know like Tom Kaye did (Shoebox compressors).

I agree with everything youve said but what it really comes down to is this ... especially if they are already taking peoples money.
My concern at this point is them not reacting to this thread????

Say something, good, bad, or indifferent at this point.

My other concern is i actually sent them an email last week with no response to this point either.

I get it as a small business owner, we are busy, but I sit down every morning after 2 cups of coffee, and a good ball scratching, to answer the previous days emails.

Before i get off on a rant here i will end this by saying to Skout, take the time to answer emails, post up in threads about your New entry into airguns to squash the inevitable, subjective, theories that silence brings upon you.... It's really not that tough of a concept to act upon....

Coming out with a new rifle is extremely expensive when you are starting from a different industry (paintball). The money that it takes just to get something off the assembly line is probably in excess of 500k (minimally), and plus more money for advertising and things like Shot Show which is very expensive. A little grace for a new company and a little healthy consumer skepticism is far better than speculation and judgement.

-Atlas

Ok guys I do have a follow up post that I wanted to share with you.

I did hear back From Darryl with an explanation as to why the delayed response, he stated that my email had gone to his junk folder, pretty self explanitory there .

I will also share a bit of information within the email responding to a couple of my questions, these are copied directly from the email dated 9/28/2022

We hope to start sending guns out around mid November

The calibers will be as follows.

And .35 to start

Probably around December, no later than end of December we will have .177 and .22. We are hoping to have slug liners around December as well.

Time will tell and I personally hope they are able to adhere to this schedule . I also wish them the best of luck .

Reactions: JoeWillie
Yes, that's what they said about RTI, Altaros m24, AEA, etc
Rti has improved themselves year after year n that great... I could only hope that AEA take a note because they make a ton of power and improve their guns every year.. but right now is a hit or miss, a lottery of a brand .. as for the altaros.. well that one is so far a bad joke of a gun ... about scout airguns , the have only 2 videos on YouTube non of the 2 has made nothing extraordinary that could make a potential buyer tell to him self that is my next gun .. right now there has been a few. 30 from wicked air rifles..that could do the same at 100y for a $1000 tag .. I don't see 3k worth.. they are awesomely machined.
Yes as far I see in the promotion. N that cost money. .great looking guns for sure.. but I don't see 3k I'm performance n power .. that is not aviable right now for a lot less $$$ ... but they are always the one who has to have the last blig .. good luck trying to sell it later .. don't you have seen how those delta wolf are going for.. you must really be sure.. with this or whatever gun costing more than 2k you really are going to like it... or take the $700 + loss

Last edited:
Reactions: _CTAIRGUNNER_