Skout airguns

I hope you guys are gearing up for spilling more beans.

I would personally like to see a shooter shoot a given pellet at a given pressure / speed in the 3 different barrels, just to demonstrate how good it can get if you use the right one, and how "bad" it is with the worst barrel.
Even if i suspect the difference are not night and day, but there got to be something.
Also it would be interesting to see, even if it should not happen often, how long it would take to swap barrel and shoot all 3 barrels, say 10 shot group with each barrel.

I would also be interested i seeing say shooting 30 cal pretty damn nice, and then swap caliber and shoot a smaller caliber damn nice too.

I would assume that things are repeatable, so you know this pellet shoot well in this barrel at X pressure, and the same of another caliber, so swap what need swapping and then adjust regulator to what it need to be to shoot the #2 caliber well.

As i am locked to .177 i of course also have a huge personal interest in that caliber.

I just noticed.
The text read " The most advanced pellet rifle in the world"
But it is a slug that go thru that text and not a pellet.

It might just be semantics, but we Danes notice little things like that.
Also why if it was Danes building the hoover dam,,,,, that sucker would still not be completed.

I think .177 was mentioned in one of the videos from some trade show, but that is also it.
Even if it is what is shot in all the Olympic airgun disciplines, the .177 caliber are pretty neglected and more of a oddity these days.
I mean just look at FX, they never made a .177 slug barrel, even if just about everyone make .177 slugs these days, and the FX approach to barrel making are pretty easy / fast.

In the movie 300 king Leonidas say " give them nothing, but take from them everything " when they are confronted with their opponents.
In Denmark facing our benevolent political leaders the saying is " give them everything and let them take all from you " and you can rest assured they will.

TBH i think Skout are going to do all the big hard hitting calibers first, as that is what will move in the US ( and i can not blame them )
Later the smeller calibers might follow, and sales in little markets like Denmark

And i get it alright, it is a matter of getting a return / profit from your investment, and that as fast as possible.

Today i put a few tins of pellets in my pocket, and will prioritize those in my Vulcan 3 over the slugs that also are in my ammo box.
Even if it is a bit windy today it will be funny to see what group best out of the many different brands / models i have.

I bet a dime to a donut this Skout gun is not going to play with the 177 caliber , Looks like the peashooter is SOL, I went back and looked and seen nothing about 177 I might have overlooked something but I didn't see anything.
Peashooter you locked into power to in 177 also? May have to PM on that one.
I'll take that donut and raise you 2 donuts + the dime...;) We will be doing a 177 caliber on release. We will also be doing slugs soon after the original release.

Laser accuracy with .177 if i was younger would have given me wet dreams, as it is with my advanced age it is just sweet dreams.

I am doing OK with the 2 rifles i already have , not least with 13 grain slugs, but ill be damned if i can get the really heavy stuff to fly well ( 20 grain )
16 grain are sort of OK, i think i can make it work with a little more work, and not least a slug oriented barrel for my FX Maverick.

I am amazed how well my Vulcan 3 with a barrel 200 mm shorter then my maverick do at the same distances 80 to +100 M

I hope you guys are gearing up for spilling more beans.

I would personally like to see a shooter shoot a given pellet at a given pressure / speed in the 3 different barrels, just to demonstrate how good it can get if you use the right one, and how "bad" it is with the worst barrel.
Even if i suspect the difference are not night and day, but there got to be something.
Also it would be interesting to see, even if it should not happen often, how long it would take to swap barrel and shoot all 3 barrels, say 10 shot group with each barrel.

I would also be interested i seeing say shooting 30 cal pretty damn nice, and then swap caliber and shoot a smaller caliber damn nice too.

I would assume that things are repeatable, so you know this pellet shoot well in this barrel at X pressure, and the same of another caliber, so swap what need swapping and then adjust regulator to what it need to be to shoot the #2 caliber well.

As i am locked to .177 i of course also have a huge personal interest in that caliber.
Get a hunting licence. It isn`t rocketscience. Then you have unlimited choices.

I know, i have also contemplated that for several decades now, but it just keep sliding.
Maybe with my reinvigorated airgun interest it will happen.
Still annoy me having to get hunting licence, as i would never go hunting, IMHO it should be enough to just be a registrated owner.

Just like i feel me having been driving cars for 35 years and also have the C / CE license, so me getting a motorcycle license, well it should just be a few drivers sources on a track to get the feel for the motorcycles properties / handling,,,,,, having to take the driving test,,,,, AGAIN,,,,,, it just seem stupid to me.
I know how to drive i have been doing that for over 35 years with no accidents. me proving i know the traffic code again,,,, well it feel stupid to me.

I shoot almost 46 food pound with 20 grain Zan slugs, not particular accurate, but i bet they hurt whatever they hit.

I shoot almost 46 food pound with 20 grain Zan slugs, not particular accurate, but i bet they hurt whatever they hit.
I concure.
I know, i have also contemplated that for several decades now, but it just keep sliding.
Maybe with my reinvigorated airgun interest it will happen.
Still annoy me having to get hunting licence, as i would never go hunting, IMHO it should be enough to just be a registrated owner.

Just like i feel me having been driving cars for 35 years and also have the C / CE license, so me getting a motorcycle license, well it should just be a few drivers sources on a track to get the feel for the motorcycles properties / handling,,,,,, having to take the driving test,,,,, AGAIN,,,,,, it just seem stupid to me.
I know how to drive i have been doing that for over 35 years with no accidents. me proving i know the traffic code again,,,, well it feel stupid to me.

I concure.

I got my american $11 hunting licence swapped to a danish hunting licence back in the ‘80s. Too bad we live in a country where somebody else defines the needs of the people.

Btw which gun do you get 46 ft/ibs with 20grain ZAN slugs?.

My little peashooter loves them at 19 ft/ibs. Very accurate.

In my Maverick with the 700 mm barrel, pushing upwards of 1100 FPS.
I have not tried to shoot any of the slugs at slower speeds, the shooting i did on Saturday with my Vulcan 3 the 16 grain was under 900 FPS as i recall,,,,, i have gotten a strange fetish with clearing the last shot string in all my weights in the FX chrono.

Actually just looked and my 20 gr string was still there.

Screenshot_2022-08-22-21-24-08-576_com.basepaintball.fxblue.jpg

I hope that in the future most pcp AG manufacturers will have features like Skout Airguns. Heavy slugs are the future, and for that you need to have good internal ballistics adapted to each caliber, power and efficiency show how good internal ballistics are!...
Skout airguns has no features.

Until a rifle is in the hands of the public. It's a ghost.