Skout Airguns Whisper Moderator System

Skout Airguns would like to introduce the whisper moderator system. This replaces the port tube in the existing moderator on the Epoch. Made from machined delrin, this new system has been developed for users who would like a quieter alternative to our stock system. MSRP is $75. Please contact your favorite airgun dealer or visit www.skoutairguns.com/whisper to purchase

epoch-whisper-internals.jpg

IMG_0426.jpg

Last edited:
Or maybe before then, Scout will make a sleek hunter model.

I hear you Vetmx. I only shoot paper to sight in a scope, then it’s into the woods.

When I called SKOUT a few weeks back, I was told that a lighter weight hunting model was in the works, but would most likely be a year before release. Maybe @LukeSowinski can confirm.

Unfortunately, I was told that a .45 caliber SKOUT was not something they plan to manufacture.

As long as they make it in .25 there will be no complaints from me. It just can’t be smaller and lighter though. It has to be ergonomically correct for all those odd shooting positions. If they can get that right, I might bust out my credit card. The ball is in their court. I’m in no hurry. I just won’t be toting their current Super Soaker around in the woods. But if the highest score at 100 yards was my game, I’d definitely wheel it to the bench and see what I could achieve with it.

I hear you Vetmx. I only shoot paper to sight in a scope, then it’s into the woods.

When I called SKOUT a few weeks back, I was told that a lighter weight hunting model was in the works, but would most likely be a year before release. Maybe @LukeSowinski can confirm.

Unfortunately, I was told that a .45 caliber SKOUT was not something they plan to manufacture.
There is something in the works, but it will definitely be a while before it is completed. Looking forward to creating something you guys are looking to shoot!

There is something in the works, but it will definitely be a while before it is completed. Looking forward to creating something you guys are looking to shoot!
Would really like to see an airgun like or similar to the FX Panthera as far as chassis and balance, plus SLUG liners in .22 and .25 caliber. If your slug liners are tested with and can shoot:
.22 Altaros ATP Smooth 32.3 grain 5.52 or Altaros Kings 40 grain or
.25 Altaros ATP Smooth 49.5 grain or Altaros Queens 60 grain
these have next generation BC and will be great for PRS or NRL-22 which is really gaining in popularity. The good thing about the Altaros slugs is that they shoot best at lower speeds, so that 850 to 900 fps is all that is required and shouldn't stress the gun that much.
Of course, other slugs (NSA, H&N ZAN) could also be tested but with a BC almost twice that of "normal" slugs why?
The gun should be able to be weighted or balanced just forward of the trigger assembly so that it is neutral on barricades, etc.
The 25 inch barrels would be best in this application...

I just hope they can pack all that stuff into a smaller package. An efficient hunting or walk around plinker does not need a giant bottle. And as other brands have proven, we don’t need anything longer than a 500mm barrel until you get to .30. None of my serious guns that are capable way beyond 100 yards are over 34” long even with a mod. It’s 2023 and it just isn’t necessary anymore. My advice for a scaled down model is simple. Only give us features that we absolutely need. A different crowd will be interested in this gun. Bells, whistles and fluff only appeal to pampered life gun owners.

I am with you on this. My wish list extends to:
- 500mm barrel for 30 cal
- 25 yards grouping the size of a dime
- total length of gun not more than 25" with integrated moderator
- no more than 6 Ib
- puts out 100 FPE
- max fill of 250 bar in 300 cc bottle
- minimum 15 shots per fill
- regulated for consistency, 1 or 2 regs
- total of 20 O rings, ease of maintenance
Will be waiting for the day!

Reactions: EDventure