Skout Airguns - EVO

So that would be the pellet barrel twist rate? Can you list the twist rate for the slug barrels? Also, when you and 3 others shot Skouts at the Florida Slug a thon did the group use the new slug barrel in .25?
Nope, that is the twist rate of our slug barrel. We are still finalizing the exact twist rates for the .22 and .30. One of us had a .22, one had a .25 and the other two shot .30

Reactions: Centercut
Nope, that is the twist rate of our slug barrel. We are still finalizing the exact twist rates for the .22 and .30. One of us had a .22, one had a .25 and the other two shot .30
Thanks. Yes, two of you did well. The only reason I asked is to shoot the .25 Altaros 49.5 grain. With twist rate of 1:23 your GSF would be 1.1, which is very low (marginally stable)…. I shoot them from a 1:18 barrel and the GSF is 1.8 which is about perfect. But if they shoot well at that slow a twist than that’s great.

Last edited:
Thanks. Yes, two of you did well. The only reason I asked is to shoot the .25 Altaros 49.5 grain. With twist rate of 1:23 your GSF would be 1.1, which is very low…. I shoot them from a 1:18 barrel and the GSF is about 1.8 which is about perfect. But if they shoot well at that slow a twist than that’s great.
I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised how well it shoots and what we have done.

I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised how well it shoots and what we have done.
Great. Standing by. I’d also like to try the new fast flow HP reg to see if the drifting reg pressure with bottle pressure has been remedied.

1 barrel, and we will be offering the option to purchase without a hard case. Starting price is $1999 which is without a tank and case. Both are available as add on options with the gun. We are offering it like this for those who have many tanks and cases.
Luke, can the rifle without a tank take an FX screw on bottle that has their shut off valve? Thanks and congrats on the new rifle. Can't wait to hear more about it. -DT

So no one way valve to remove bottle still?

nope
There is a one way valve on the Epoch, and a newly redesigned one way valve on the EVO we have completely went away from the 3 liner option. We will have the nice Plano hard case as an option now, standard will be coming with a less expensive option that will still be protective for shipping but not as large and heavy as the standard case.

as of shot show 2024:
1900 just gun in cardboard box
2300 with tank? and pano hard case (wish that case was shorter though)
1999 gun in cheaper packaging option (may still be a smaller plastic case) with no bottle
2350 gun with bottle and hard Plano case.

These will all be options on our website, when you go to purchase an Epoch or EVO you will be able to select the options in a drop down menu and configure it to the way of your choosing!

Luke, can the rifle without a tank take an FX screw on bottle that has their shut off valve? Thanks and congrats on the new rifle. Can't wait to hear more about it. -DT
It can’t be used with their shutoff valve, but if you remove the shutoff valve that bottle can be used. The threads on our bottle on-off are the standard M18-1.5. Also on a side note, we have moved to BSPP threads on the EVO to allow for more gauge options!

Reactions: Ronin001