Skout Airguns Epoch - SHOT Show 2022 video

I’m new to airgunning, bought my first PCP last year. I played tournament paintball for many years and owned two paintball fields for several years. This gun is the future! Electro pneumatic markers have been around for over 20 years and Skout Airguns is a spin off of Smart Parts Paintball. They are known for extremely innovative designs and high quality products.They came out with the FREAK barrel system in the early 2000’s that featured the projectile sizing barrel insert system, this is nothing new for them just moving into a new market. I predict they will own the airgun world if choose to do so. 

I’m new to airgunning, bought my first PCP last year. I played tournament paintball for many years and owned two paintball fields for several years. This gun is the future! Electro pneumatic markers have been around for over 20 years and Skout Airguns is a spin off of Smart Parts Paintball. They are known for extremely innovative designs and high quality products.They came out with the FREAK barrel system in the early 2000’s that featured the projectile sizing barrel insert system, this is nothing new for them just moving into a new market. I predict they will own the airgun world if choose to do so.

I am eager to see the real performance and if it can have the accuracy of an FX with their super efficient air technology that can be a game changer and dominate the high end and down to the $1000 price tag if they choose to. Being able to utilize the air power of today's best brands but do so with only 900 PSI instead of 1800-2000 PSI with no need for a hammer spring, can open up a lot of things we have wanted but nobody can produce. That technology could enable big bore of .45 and larger to be able to have way more shots before needing to refill, and for anything .357 and under the shot count would be so far ahead of any other brand it would put everyone else in the dust. I hope they offer some .357, .45 and .50 caliber models.

The one thing they are not doing that cutting edge is the esthetics, like everyone else with a bottle gun, nobody does much to hide the ugly bottle. On their proto-type the bipod hides the bottle on a few angles but without the bipod you see the same ugly bottle. Since their tech uses so little air it would be better to me to design their own removable bottle that is long and narrow so it can be hidden in the stock or add some creative design aspects to hide the bottle. 

Looking forward to seeing these rifles in action. I often wondered when paint ball and pellets might merge...They say they are making the barrels. That will be interesting to see what they come up with. "Bob" said "117" many times when referring to caliber...He also said "117" same when Giles interviewed him. 

Rossie talks with his hands and just can't STFU and listen to what is being presented... I guess in today's ADD world he feels like he has to keep moving both mouth and hands so millennials wont click off / away.. 

What also will be of interest is how SKOUT will market this rifle(s) / technology.. "Team" South Africa is dominated by FX so that's a no go.. Maybe they will catch up with Ted Beirs( SP) and let him reemerge with a new platform?

Lots of folks like Ted, no question. I’d say the question is: what is the “market” for Scouts new product? Existing airguners? If yes, then how many will pay the $2750 mentioned? They have to make us want this product. Easy to do “if” the EPOCH delivers all they say. It has to be consistent and accurate. (Kinda the same thing sort of speak) 

Maybe go after powder burners like Justin (UA) mentioned in his interview with Giles?

Perhaps paint ballers? Slogan might be “ tired of all the splatter, shot something that matters.”