Skout Airguns Epoch - SHOT Show 2022 video

I am in talks to get one of these early. That is Billy Gardner (of Smart Parts fame) in the video. I am trying to use my paintball connects to get a unit for testing or at least one of the first pre-orders. 800psi operating pressure with a 4500psi tank = tons of shots. I hope they are available in the fancy anos like the ones in the video. I'd prefer the .45 grip frame, too, rather than the adjustable back strap (plastic) grips that will be on the production models.

This is the one thing from SHOT show that has me completely shook. I need it. 

DLX/Shocker has been around for quite a while and they have been making paintball guns forever. Not Walmart paintball guns, but high end tournament guns. Honestly surprised it took this long for that crossover to happen. If you want real innovation, check out the paintball companies and their designs to get performance from extremely low pressure.

I fear price will be extremely high too, their PB markers are also not in the low or mid segment of price.

It is a but sad cuz in the extreme end of Airguns, you pretty much only find Daystate and their halo guns like the grey wolf, which here are about 50 % more expensive than a impact M3

Also wondering about in house barrels, they cant be anything but really good, even if you dont factor a potential high price in, cuz even modest airguns today can shoot pretty darn well when things are in line, and it do not get any worse with the barrels in higher end rifles.

They didn't have a functioning prototype at the show. They are jumping immediately to the extreme high end price point, negating the theory of low priced air. I am not very optimistic about these.

What's the "theory of low priced air?"

A previous poster thought the because they are regulated to 800 psi, it will be a better choice for shooters who use hand pumps or the cheaper 3k psi scuba tanks instead of carbon fiber tanks.

Very exiting.

It looks like a lot of work has gone into it so far. One of my questions is about the plenum. They describe it as a full dump every shot. This could lead to a few issues in my mind. If the full plenum is dumped, you could lose a lot of efficiency since the expectation is that the plenum carries more air than the volume of the barrel. Also air continuing to discharge as the pellet exits could affect both accuracy and sound output. Finally, how does this scale with caliber changes? If you have a full dump of a plenum that can drive a .30 cal projectile, it sounds like it would waste a LOT of air in .177. 

Please let me know if I have missed/overlooked something?

They didn't have a functioning prototype at the show. They are jumping immediately to the extreme high end price point, negating the theory of low priced air. I am not very optimistic about these.

A previous poster thought the because they are regulated to 800 psi, it will be a better choice for shooters who use hand pumps or the cheaper 3k psi scuba tanks instead of carbon fiber tanks.

Okay, I see what you mean now. 

I think that a gun getting full power shots with low reg pressure (800 as stated in vid) is a good thing even for guys with compressors or 4500 SCBA tanks. Typically with a regulator, a gun gets consistent shots with as high of a pressure as the gun is rated for. So, yes, a hand pump guy can stop at 2500 or 3000 and get x # of good shots. BUT somebody with a SCBA or compressor can get 2x # of good shots. 

@ lewis, I maybe have inferred this erroneously, but I got the impression from the vid that the electronics will be able to account for caliber changes. Done differently, but similar in concept to the Delta Wolf. Also, I was thinking the implication was that the dump valve comment was referencing the secondary valve used to open the primary valve, ie the valve they're using in place of a spring driven hammer to open the main valve. 

It'll be very interesting to see how this all plays out. 

It will benefit everyone whether or not if you can afford it or if you're one of the poors. Also, price was never mentioned for this gun but I'm assuming it will be up there. What I'm getting at is that the technology is there and if they wanted to make a more budget oriented model, I'm pretty sure they could.