Skout Airguns-Epoch-shooting video

Being a little selfish, i am most of all interested in seeing the Epoch in "my" caliber, which is the sub pea size of 4.5 mm.
Not that i care much i still hope for a "insane" shot count in the magazine and air tank, but really the 21 shots in my Maverick is quite fine, and of course laser accuracy with slugs.
Seeing the bigger stuff just get to my envy generator, and it is one of the feelings i have the hardest time dealing with, at least when it is not shear cost that keep me locked out of joining in.
And whle i am not rich or even well off, it is not money that keep me off larger calibers.

Reactions: rsfrid
I think the 800 PSI is for the little calibers, i seem to recall that from one of the shot show videos.

Though 800PSI seem a bit low, thats just 55 BAR, and i shoot my .177 with 90 - 110 BAR mostly.
1400 PSI that is 96 BAR, which sound reasonable to me shooting the small stuff.
But if they shoot a .30 at 850 FPS with just 1400 PSI,,,,, then dauuuuuuuum :eek:

I really want to see it, i also really like to shoot it too, CUZ if they pull this off, then all other rifles suddenly become "gas" guzzlers big time. And if their rifles shoot well too, well who in hell would buy the "old" guns when you can get 2X the shot count on a fill with a Skout airgun.

If they can pull bigger numbers with a barrel shorter than 20" I'd say thats pretty impressive. After watching the video though I really don't see anything new, the rifle looks rather large. It's definitely cool seeing an American Made company with components built in house, much better QC than some other brands manufacturing in Hong Kong. Being able to machine in house makes things much easier on the development end, can change things in a few days rather than a few months.

Reactions: harrymoreland
I have not decided yet, The big 3 number kinda scares me a little,, But when I bought my Uragan 177 with the 580 cc bottle and I could get 500 shots on a bottle,,, I will never buy another gun that's not a bottle gun. Even my Prophet with the 500 cc bottle i get all kinds of shots with the 177 barrel,25 and the 30 . Big time impressed with the shot count. Skout guns may be the way to go, Fill high , shoot 500 or more rounds and big power and price seems to be not such a big deal,, Dont count me out on the sale yet the fat lady still has not sang, I am going to buy one more gun so I will wait , The KRAIT, and the Prophet II and Skout has me watching the key boards,,,

Glad to see a video intro on the company and the product. Maybe a little more info on the gun itself that details the features, etc. Before I found this video I was put off by the $2950 price for a first-time product by a "new" company at par with the most elite companies in airgunning. But after the video I see a serious business, design, and related experience. But, need more info on specs like weight, caliber options, barrel-type expandability, etc. unless I missed those.

I am hoping for many more videos ASAP.
And yes i would gladly sit thru a 1 - 2 hour long video of some experienced shooter just playing with the thing, dialing up / down REG - swapping barrels to see difference on a given pellet at a given speed ASO.
It would be interesting for me to see the difference in between the worst barrel of the 3 to the best barrel, how much do accuracy go up choosing the right barrel.
Actually when Skout are going this 3 barrel way, they should keep a database on their site, of what barrel work best for a given pellet ( user generated )
Even if i do very much like to generate my own experience, whit something this expensive i would also like exactly where to go to get good results.
But yeah as many specs as possible would be nice.
I am still hoping Skout will sell a 1 barrel / no moderator cheaper, and with a database of barrel / pellet / slug for people to browse, it should be easy to figure out what single barrel to order with your Skout airgun.
Even if i would like more barrels to shoot more things,,,,,, but a poor Danish pensioner have to start some place.

Also very eager to see when Skout will be able to offer other models, TBH i am more interested in something a bit more conventional looking.

Last edited:
If the machinists and CNC machines are only working on this project, that is a TON of R&D dollars they will have to get back. I would love to be a fly on the wall when they talk about the ROI forecast. It makes you wonder if there is some kind of military interest…
Skeptical. A subsonic PB would out perform it in all aspects EXCEPT heat signature.