Skout Airguns - Epoch Preview

In my opinión, a Wolverine at 1800 - 2000 and a Vulcan 3 1800 are perfectly in price.

The Epoch implies a new Technology or a Technology closer to the HUBEN, LCS, Rattler and Sidewinder. It is absolutely clear that the future is in this new way of firing, hammer less.

If the Epoch happens to be efficient, accurate, solid made, reliable, confortable, silent, an with a wide range of fps adjustment possible, could worth 2500 with one barrel, easily.

The idea of telling us : we will give you three barrels and you should try them to find if any of those barrels works for you, do not precisely sells confidence.

I think that must of us would say: Just give one barrel, a CZ that we know that will shoot as a champ both pellets and slugs.

All new Technology (ok) But attached to a barrel that we know that performs.
Leishy 2 is hammerless and an innovation. Doesn’t cost 3k. Until you start buying ad ons. 😂 I’m not saying I wouldnt buy one. I’m not saying it’s not worth it. Until it’s proven and I see it in the hands of some guys I trust. It seems like an over priced paintball marker to me. And I play paintball as well. I’m aware of there credence in the paintball world. Hopefully I’m wrong and this thing is badass. I’ve been following it since it debut.

You still didn’t tell me how you ended up in Jurassic park. 😂
1669147903878.png

-Lets talk about what really matters here: -Plenum size and valve size equate to velocity of the projectile (44 grain 30 caliber) at pressure , will launch this projectile at 880 fps @ 1000 psi or 68.95 bar with a 889mm barrel (35")
That sounds great, and how many shots can it achieve with a full tank of 0.5l 300 bar at that power and that regulated pressure? Does the efficiency change if the power is increased?

Reactions: DanT55
Leishy 2 is hammerless and an innovation. Doesn’t cost 3k. Until you start buying ad ons. 😂 I’m not saying I wouldnt buy one. I’m not saying it’s not worth it. Until it’s proven and I see it in the hands of some guys I trust. It seems like an over priced paintball marker to me. And I play paintball as well. I’m aware of there credence in the paintball world. Hopefully I’m wrong and this thing is badass. I’ve been following it since it debut.
Big difference in that design and this one. Leishy is damn close however in price but can't handle the power or shot count based on what we have seen from Skout. Completely different platforms as well. Look at all the add ons, giant moderators, Huma regs, blah blah and you are very close.

Big difference in that design and this one. Leishy is damn close however in price but can't handle the power or shot count based on what we have seen from Skout. Completely different platforms as well. Look at all the add ons, giant moderators, Huma regs, blah blah and you are very close.
So did you just change the way I worded that and say the exact same thing I just said? What do mean can’t handle the power? My Huma regulated w larger plenum leishy 2 is pushing 100ftlbs in .30cal. And the reg isn’t even turned up all the way. I’m sure I could easily go higher. I’ll give you shot count that sucks. But they also have a lot larger tank than the leishy 2. All I’m say is I want to see the claims they are making hold up before I personally think it is worth 3k. I really do hope it’s all they claim to be and not just a bunch of manufacturers promises. Because they were able to produce those claims under perfect conditions with the perfect lead and a perfect miracle day and us the end user will never see those results. We will get close but never perfect. Could be why it’s taken awhile to come out to the public. Could be like the Hammer was took three years of problem solving and it still wasn’t right when it came to the public. With air blasting in the shooters face and they got rid of the pump action. I’m just be skeptical because of the new technology. Like we all should be until it’s proven. Just like everyone acted when the delta wolf came out. Tons of people said electronics not in my guns…. I really do hope this turns out to be what they are claiming. More shots at lower reg pressures would be awesome. But be honest. How many HIGH POWER shots you think this thing is gonna get with the reg set to 2400psi and a normal 500cc tank? I bet it still in the ball park of what we are used to. What they seem to have going for them is the lower reg pressures. Being able to operate at 400 psi at sub 12. Tons of shots at that point but no power. Which the uk guys already accomplished. The adjustability on the fly is an added plus if it doesn’t end up being a headache and is actually pretty easy.

That sounds great, and how many shots can it achieve with a full tank of 0.5l 300 bar at that power and that regulated pressure? Does the efficiency change if the power is increased?
On a 300 Bar (4300 fill) with a 500cc tank shooting 880 fps using a 50.15 grain JSB pellet with a 35" barrel, we achieved 100 shots before any noticeable drop off.~Darryl

On a 300 Bar (4300 fill) with a 500cc tank shooting 880 fps using a 50.15 grain JSB pellet with a 35" barrel, we achieved 100 shots before any noticeable drop off.~Darryl
😲 Wowza! That's 100, 86fpe shots, from a single fill off a 500cc tank!?!?!

Running the numbers of total fpe from a given bottle.....and comparing that to all of the airguns I've played with.....that's astonishing efficiency.

Usually, something like a combined 2000fpe out of a single fill from a 500cc bottle is pretty decent (40 consistent and useable shotsx50fpe).

You're talking about 8600fpe from a single fill from the same 500cc bottle (86fpe x 100 shots)

Youre filling to 300 bar instead of the typical 250, and you've got a longer barrel on that thing than normal, but I still wouldn't expect the total fpe output to be more than 4 times as much. Impressive indeed, bordering unbelievable (and I say that from somebody who really hopes your claims hold true and you see success in the market, a huge leap forward in performance is always welcome).

Last edited: