Skout Airguns - Epoch Preview

My amazing girlfriend Ashleigh preordered one for me for Xmas. 30 caliber longboi version. Black since there was a wait on fancy splash ano. I will have a review on my channel when I get it. This is the most excited I've ever been for any gun ever (including firearms and paintball guns).

Having pioneered a lot of technical wizardry in the paintball world, I have no doubt that what Billy has come up with here will be a game changer. I'd even reckon that, in time, the spool valve will render hammer & spring poppet systems obsolete in airguns (just like in paintball)... And yes I am ready to possibly get flamed for saying that, but I believe it to be true. I've been a tournament paintball player for 27ish years and have seen even all the mech guns nowadays go to spool valves rather than being poppets. Sorry Bud Orr, the Autococker's time has come and gone! (I know that is still blasphemy to some!)

@Skout-airguns let me know if I can get an additional .22 barrel. I guess a .22 mag would obviously be needed. What about a probe? Anything else needed to swap calibers?
She is amazing and I enjoyed talking to her on the phone. When the additional barrels are ready I'll reach out to you both. Also I'm a huge supporter of Bud, just with him a few weeks ago. ;) ~Darryl SKW Team Ironmen Bud Orr factory team...

She is amazing and I enjoyed talking to her on the phone. When the additional barrels are ready I'll reach out to you both. Also I'm a huge supporter of Bud, just with him a few weeks ago. ;) ~Darryl SKW Team Ironmen Bud Orr factory team...
Thanks for the reply, Darryl! I'll also be looking for a .30 slug barrel when ready. You can always reach out to me at [email protected]. I'd like to get more involved with Skout, if possible.

So about caliber swapping - could you explain that for the folks reading? Typically a barrel, magazine, and probe is required. Is that the same requirements for the Epoch? How easy is it to swap out your caliber?

Is it possible to swap the plumb stock for a walnut one?
This is our 1st version. In the future we will be going in that direction. Hope this helps ~ Darryl
312552553_10227940028995242_3049400877429450290_n.jpg

Reactions: ChRiSiS
What is the volume of the regulated plenum in cc, it seems to me that it is small. With a larger plenum, they would get more efficiency and power!...
You are correct, on a typical airgun that would apply. But this isn't a typical airgun. I'll be able to answer in more detail very soon.~Darryl

Reactions: tcarlson777
Retail is $2,950. As you might know, it comes with the 3 barrels in the same caliber each this is own carbon sleeve, a Plano 42" hard case, a very nice Compensator along with a carbon 500cc 300 bar tank and custom grips with 3 different palm swells and all the new technology someone could want. Hope this answers some of your questions. ~Darryl
At that price I think I’d just buy an Alpha wolf. That’s a hefty price tag for a gun (and I own a leishy 2 I’ve spent over 3k on with accessories) Especially from a company that has no other offerings. No entry level. No mid range offerings. I think what happened was you saw daystate being a gun with electronics and saw yourself in the same price point. The reximex throne comes with barrels and a case. That doesn’t make a gun worth $3k. This is an overpriced paint market flinging led. How much did you have to pay to get your gun in that scene in the new Jurassic world movie? Is that why the price is so high? $1800-2k seems maybe reasonable. If it performs. Theres more engineering in an impact and it doesn’t cost 3k. I think you’re gonna price yourself right out of the market. You’ll probably sell a few out of curiosity but until you’ve been in the hands of the average guy. And we can see how it performs I think your gonna be sitting on the rifles.

Reactions: AirGunShooter
At that price I think I’d just buy an Alpha wolf. That’s a hefty price tag for a gun (and I own a leishy 2 I’ve spent over 3k on with accessories) Especially from a company that has no other offerings. No entry level. No mid range offerings. I think what happened was you saw daystate being a gun with electronics and saw yourself in the same price point. The reximex throne comes with barrels and a case. That doesn’t make a gun worth $3k. This is an overpriced paint market flinging led. How much did you have to pay to get your gun in that scene in the new Jurassic world movie? Is that why the price is so high? $1800-2k seems maybe reasonable. If it performs. Theres more engineering in an impact and it doesn’t cost 3k. I think you’re gonna price yourself right out of the market. You’ll probably sell a few out of curiosity but until you’ve been in the hands of the average guy. And we can see how it performs I think your gonna be sitting on the rifles.
Thanks for your input~Darryl

In my opinión, a Wolverine at 1800 - 2000 and a Vulcan 3 1800 are perfectly in price.

The Epoch implies a new Technology or a Technology closer to the HUBEN, LCS, Rattler and Sidewinder. It is absolutely clear that the future is in this new way of firing, hammer less.

If the Epoch happens to be efficient, accurate, solid made, reliable, confortable, silent, an with a wide range of fps adjustment possible, could worth 2500 with one barrel, easily.

The idea of telling us : we will give you three barrels and you should try them to find if any of those barrels works for you, do not precisely sells confidence.

I think that must of us would say: Just give one barrel, a CZ that we know that will shoot as a champ both pellets and slugs.

All new Technology (ok) But attached to a barrel that we know that performs.

Last edited:
Reactions: Phillk83
It always amuses me to see how much controversy, noise and heat (but no light) can be generated by we, the members of AGN, even before an air rifle is available. There seems to be a split between those who think that its an over-priced paintball gun and those who believe that it will be the future of airguns.

From my perspective, its impossible to say until we actually have the guns, but there are some markers.

First of all, these guys do have some credibility from the start. Much the same was said about them in the paintball community just before they turned the whole thing upside down and became a dominant force (if not THE dominant force…) This is not just some bunch of guys in their basement, or their mom’s garage with their dad’s lathe. They’re serious guys, who are obviously investing in time and equipment and money to enter the PCP space. Discounting and thrashing them before we actually know what’s going on seems…unwise.

Secondly, the concept seems quite interesting to me. It does not seem to be the same old same old. It’s not yet another copy of the FX Impact, or a copy of the Impact with an electronic trigger. They have obviously made the technology work in the paintball arena, now we will see if they can adapt and innovate in the PCP one.

Third, we have actually seen a little bit of information on how the actual gun shoots, and not just the company videos. We’ve had a couple of credible airgunners go try it, and they came away impressed. Is that enough? Obviously not, but it’s not nothing either.

As for the price, well, it depends. If it dopes all they say, with the various barrels and the implied flexibility, plus good QC and manufacturing, then why would it not be worth what other high end airguns cost? They are clearly not going after the mass market, but rather taking on the high end luxury good end of the spectrum.

It won’t be for everyone, but they certainly have my attention!

Chris

In my opinión, a Wolverine at 1800 - 2000 and a Vulcan 3 1800 are perfectly in price.

The Epoch implies a new Technology or a Technology closer to the HUBEN, LCS, Rattler and Sidewinder. It is absolutely clear that the future is in this new way of firing, hammer less.

If the Epoch happens to be efficient, accurate, solid made, reliable, confortable, silent, an with a wide range of fps adjustment possible, could worth 2500 with one barrel, easily.

The idea of telling us : we will give you three barrels and you should try them to find if any of those barrels works for you, do not precisely sells confidence.

I think that must of us would say: Just give one barrel, a CZ that we know that will shoot as a champ both pellets and slugs.

All new Technology (ok) But attached to a barrel that we know that performs.
Great point. "The idea of telling us : we will give you three barrels and you should try them to find if any of those barrels works for you, do not precisely sells confidence." Keep in mind that even JSB pellets are slightly different in sizing depending when you purchase. So giving you 3 barrels with about a thou difference on each barrel helps you make a choice when shooting.

You are correct, on a typical airgun that would apply. But this isn't a typical airgun. I'll be able to answer in more detail very soon.~Darryl
-Lets talk about what really matters here: -Plenum size and valve size equate to velocity of the projectile (44 grain 30 caliber) at pressure , will launch this projectile at 880 fps @ 1000 psi or 68.95 bar with a 889mm barrel (35")