• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Skout Airguns - Epoch Preview

The valve orifice is much larger than anything available. It allows us to produce velocity with a smaller plenum which increase efficiency. The transport is very large with a tremendous amount of volume. Most guns need to change springs and hammer weights to shot the larger slugs. We can achieve this in all calibers by simply adjusting the regulator.
I don't know what kind of valve you have, but the ideal passage through the valve should be equal to the area of each caliber separately, as well as the transfer port and the entrance to the barrel. Also important is the precision of the valve operation, that it opens and closes only as much as is necessary for power and efficiency, and this can be achieved best by a well-built balanced solenoid valve that works perfectly even at high pressures (180+ bar).
An ideal regulated plenum is 1 cc/1 fpe and a minimum of 1/2 cc/1 fpe, so larger calibers require larger reg. plenums.
I assume you know all this, but sometimes it's not out of place to give a reminder :)

Reactions: Skout-airguns
Skout, When your ready to prove everything you say. Hit me up. We have ALL been super excited about the Skout airguns, since they were announced at Shot Show 2022. We are eagerly waiting for the day they become available. I hope to hear from you. -Nate @ Airgun Channel
Thanks, Nate, we will keep you updated.~Darryl

how come no one has one to see what john Q public thinks of it like any other gun ?
you have a great point, i do demos and show failures and longevity issues on YouTube of some PCP companies, and great functioning companies too. I am always skeptical of about any new platform until it has several generations out, emgering PCP companies are a dime a dozen, like AEA has erupted into the market, poorman's pcps that turn into wall art aftre they break, over 16 of them so far three dealers, thousands of pounds of lead casted and shot through = Longevity Issues = NO PARTS. Ouch - a collection of Wall Art for some emerging markets.

Unless i see SEVERAL random YouTube content creators doing DEMO actual videos on NEW platforms and longevity testing with thousands of rounds, i still wait and see how six month later it is going. Wish i did that with AEA. lost a heap. AEA taught me I should have waited another year before spending thousands of dollars.... my BAD. . .meanwhile all my benjamin bulldogs and mauders and all, they have YAEARS of daily use, and regular maint! go figure. YEARS AND YEARS, versus months or weeks or even DOA. three AEA dealers. then NO PARTS. so, Emerging Gun Companies of all sizes, and so many, but a smaller local one, i would rather TRY than a Chinese one like i had been. . . 100 + videos demoing Do It Yourself Cast Bullet Moulds and PSI/chronographing, so it wears on the guns, and i use OMEGA AIR CHARGER, so the air is clean...

Last edited:
My amazing girlfriend Ashleigh preordered one for me for Xmas. 30 caliber longboi version. Black since there was a wait on fancy splash ano. I will have a review on my channel when I get it. This is the most excited I've ever been for any gun ever (including firearms and paintball guns).

Having pioneered a lot of technical wizardry in the paintball world, I have no doubt that what Billy has come up with here will be a game changer. I'd even reckon that, in time, the spool valve will render hammer & spring poppet systems obsolete in airguns (just like in paintball)... And yes I am ready to possibly get flamed for saying that, but I believe it to be true. I've been a tournament paintball player for 27ish years and have seen even all the mech guns nowadays go to spool valves rather than being poppets. Sorry Bud Orr, the Autococker's time has come and gone! (I know that is still blasphemy to some!)

@Skout-airguns let me know if I can get an additional .22 barrel. I guess a .22 mag would obviously be needed. What about a probe? Anything else needed to swap calibers?

Last edited: