• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

sk-19 or prophet

I am not a fan of the looks on the sk-19 personally...shame the prophet isn't semi. Any of the AEA line-up pique your interests? They have a few semi autos I believe. Although they aren't tested or proven yet, worth keeping an eye on. https://www.aeaairgun.us.com/collections/aea-assassin

Interesting looking guns I'd like to see some un-bias reviews on them.👍

Sk-19 trigger is different at first if you’re used to a crisp two stage but after a little while I got used to it and have no issues going back and forth with it and other triggers. I was a little disappointed that I was unable to find a slug that works well in it, mine being the .25. Semi auto is definitely nice when hunting/ pesting, turning your misses into sighters with a quick follow up. Full auto is pretty much a gimmick though I’ve never not seen someone smile the first time they pull the trigger. I’ve also used it on starlings in hard to call winds, swipe right applying to more than just tinder. 
Never laid hands on a Prophet or Priest but hope to own either one some day. However I won’t be selling my SK-19 to fund it

I’m unapologetically not a fan of Auto or Even Semi-auto airguns. That’s just a personal preference. I would go with the RTI everyday and twice on Sunday. Again, just me. The 19 comes across as a fun gimmicky toy. The RTI Prophet should be more refined than it’s predecessor. The barrels are cherry picked. I would be very surprised if it isn’t a fantastic very accurate gun. 

OK, think of Robert De Niro in the Dear Hunter, what scene do you feel suits YOU best, stalking the Deer (one shot one kill) or the river prison/Russian Roulette scene (spraying the bad guys with full auto).😉 just a bit of fun.

"pull the trigger on Monday, If your able to visit a dealership, try before you buy, you are handing out $1600/$2000, it should not be a big ask for them to let you try (shoot) both.

I've been following the SK-19 since it debuted.. 
While I've always been dying to get my paws on one, I'm holding out - due to the 'trigger'.

Between the two - talk about comparing apples to oranges - Most likely the Prophet! 
The Priest was a killer little gun. The Priest-II improved on those.
The Prophet - That's when I officially figured that I'd eventually have to have one. 

I've talked to people with them, and have a friend [Erlis aka Orion The Iguana Hunter] 
that has one - They all absolutely love them! They absolutely rock! 

***The pros/cons can be seen in Erlis's video - Addressing Everything about the gun*** 
There are a few great threads on here where we address this..
Here's one of them: https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/25-caliber-which-is-better-anyone-test-these/
Scroll down til' ya spot the video - and/or keep reading on to see Erlis's mini-novel about them. 
He knows them inside and out, and goes into extremely great detail! Great stuff.

***The regulators: Old news. That issue is/was addressed.
People either used a different one or replacement. And RTI took care of everything under warranty. 

🙂👍

Sam -

I would choose the rti if I could only own 1 gun but honestly who here doesn't already have at least 2 super accurate pcp's? I thought so semi auto is super fun. I am getting one although I haven't decided on one yet. Maybe the huben. As far as regulators there is not a company out there that doesn't sell a reg that works 100 percent of the time. Fx, rti even huma all have some that don't work. I wouldn't let it stop me from taking the chance and buying one. Unless szperu meant rti won't replace it. That's a different story. Definitely buy from a company that backs thier stuff up. Anyway I haven't shot either one so my opinion is worth nothing but as far as fun goes semi is better full is best and when they make a huben type airgun in 30 cal with 3 rd burst and full auto I might faint. 

Both are great guns, only one comment

the LCS SK19 is a full auto gun, full auto gun with match grade trigger usually is not a good idea. At first I was kind of disappointed of the trigger too but after a research I found the trigger is ok for a full auto, after a few rounds, I get use to it. And with patience, when you dial in the accuracy, is really good. It is a benchrest accurate airgun?, no is not (for that IMO it should be 1/2 MOA @ 100y), but it is a MOA+ @ 100y in semi auto mode. (and less than 2 moa for sure) once you get it right. For hunting is great. And once you get use to Semi Auto, is hard to go back to cocking levers, and is especially useful for hunting. 

My 2 cents

The issue I have with semi autos, is that we use pellets with dinky skirts...and having a rifle pneumatically load those tends to lead to some minor damage which is detrimental to your groups...

Refining the process to be so elegant that the thin walled pellet skirts load with minimal damage and hopes that your air blast will correct it is asking a lot. TBF I am impressed the LCS-19 can even do 2 moa at 100 yards according to edosan...I'd expect 3-4 moa more common, but hey if they can do 2 moa, that isn't shabby...but I bet with the proper slugs + barrel (if the current one cant shoot slugs well) you'd get it back down towards 1 moa ;)

I think semi autos should stick to flat base slugs...honestly. You will have far less chance of pellet damage upon the rifle self loading after each shot.