SK-19 and slugz?

Hey gents, 

My .25 SK-19 is quite accurate with JSB MKII's. Once I got used to the trigger I can dependably shoot 1/2-3/4 inch groups (bipod, rear bag) at 55 yrds. Running the 34 gr JSB's at 880 fps ave. It also shoots polymags at that distance very well, 960 fps ave. 

So enter slugs. Dismal. horrid. Every one I've tried (NSA 29.5, 33, 39, 45, and even 55gr slugs) sprays like a shotgun. Tuned the power wheel extensively, got the 29gr running up to 990 fps, no dice. Same story with the FX hybrids. 

My barrel appears to indeed be a poly. Took it off and cleaned the heck out of it, which improved the pellet accuracy, but not the slugs. 

Mine has the newer, shorter shroud (11 inches). 

I know some folks are shooting slugs with their SK's accurately. Any Idears?

Probly just a matter of finding the right slug for your barrel. I tried the NSA 17.5 HP slugs in my .22 SK-19 and they gave me the usual 3/4 to 1 inch groups at 50 yards that most everything I shoot seem to give. Still hoping to find that magic projectile that will do better though.

I wish you luck in your quest. Me I am looking for a lightweight hollowpoint for low fpe shooting in my .22 gun

I’ve had the same results from my .25. I’ve tried shooting a variety of slugs at various speeds with no usable results other than a moment of false hope with NSA 33.5s. I pushed all the slugs through the barrel with a wooden dowel and the choke is like hitting a wall. 
There was a video posted in the hunting section in the past week or so where he is getting good results with NSA slugs I believe he said the 38.5 gr at 920 FPS. I’ve been trying to limit my “experimental” spending or I’d have some on the way.

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/tuning-for-slugs-catch-cook-camp/#post-814493

I seem to remember rumours of a slug barrel becoming available but that was a while back. I’ve been mildly content to shoot the JSB mkII through mine. They are accurate and hold tight in the magazine. A lot of the slugs “float” in the mag and I hate the thought of lead getting clipped in an action I’m not comfortable with tearing down to thoroughly clean.