• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning SK-19 Accuracy

Hey guys I'm looking for some tuning advice for the SK-19. I've got a .25 caliber version and have struggled to get decent accuracy from either 25 gr or 34 gr JSBs, across a range of velocities (850-950 FPS). Have cleaned the barrel, seated the pellets, adjusted the distance of the barrel from the magazine..., but the groups are still not what I'd expect. In contrast I have a FX Maverick in .22 that will shoot 14, 18 or 25 gr pellets in groups half the diameter of the SK-19. I want to love the gun, but its air hungry, loud and not so accurate. I must be missing something, so I turn to the experts. Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the tip. I too indexed my barrel so it could be reinstalled in the factory position once removed. Can you elaborate on how you go about this aggressive cleaning? I hear you with the patches, but what's the alternate, brass brushes? Obviously none of us want to damage anything, but I have to believe these barrels can withstand something tougher than the traditional cleaning patches. Thanks.

Nothing to do with accuracy, but bling!!

Did a stainless conversion on my LCS. Standard practice now especially on all black guns-

6417D377-AB8D-46A3-8DAE-D6323962C8E7.1621467584.jpeg
427990B4-017C-4423-A881-EB134F9467BF.1621467585.jpeg
9DECB1D3-221E-443F-877A-4C8076AC3E44.1621467585.jpeg
32847E9A-36C5-4F52-A187-8A062F3FC902.1621467586.jpeg

I'm back at this and have reached out to LCS for any guidance they may have. I'll share back here anything they provide. I can’t seem to get any kind of passable accuracy from my rifle. I’ve tried a couple of different weight pellets at various velocities and still can’t get near my other air rifles. I thought some objective and quantitative measures might help. This is a .25 cal running JSB King .25 and King Heavy .25. Here are two 5-shot groups, shot minutes apart with an FX Maverick in .22 and the SK-19 in .25. This is at 30 yards and both rifles are shooting at 900 FPS. The SK-19 shot the 25.4 gr JSBs, but get same results with the 34 gr King Heavy. The Maverick groups are 1/4” CTC while the SK-19 is between 7/8”-1” CTC. If folks here on the forum have any thoughts, I'm all ears. With this kind of performance it never gets used vs my other rifles.

SK-19.1626719174.jpg

Maverick.1626719195.jpg

Make sure your barrel is tight (proper magazine gap, tight side screws, tight suppressor, if shroud still turns put o-ring behind shroud against sight rail block).

Check reg pressure should be in the middle of the green band. 

Push pellets all the way in with the pad of your finger (otherwise the skirts get damaged as you rotate the magazine). This you can check easily, fire 10 pellets, thin spin the magazine around and look at the skirts. If they are bent, you aren't loading deep enough. If you push pellets too far forward, you can damage the noses, but skirts are more important.

Increase velocity and use King Heavy or King Heavy Mk2 (test which your rifle likes better). 

Thanks much for the advice. I indexed the barrel at the position set at the factory and have tried it slightly closer and further from the magazine, no improvement. I'm not sure what the proper spec is, so I just put it back to where it was when I received it. While the shroud doesn't turn freely, I can move it with very slight force, so will try stabilizing with an o-ring.

Reg pressure is right on, haven't adjusted it from where it was when I got it.

I've tried moving to up 920 FPS (as well as down to 880) or so with both King .25 and. King Heavy MKII. I haven't tried the original King Heavy design, so I'll see if I can find some. Yes, definitely aware of the need to seat the pellet properly to avoid damage, and do so religiously.

Trying to sort this rifle out has been a real challenge, hopeful to solve puzzle. No response yet to my direct contact to LCS.