N/A Sizeing Airgun Slugs

I forgot I was going to post pics of my setup. The one pic is of the stand I made to hold the spool of lead wire and the core cutter. the punch in the top of the press is the X punch witch segments the core. then change dies and form the nose and base one pass and finishe slug. one pic shows a coupl of the finished slug.

20240403_100448.jpg

20240403_100053.jpg

20240403_095437.jpg

20240403_100053.jpg

I figured cost of the slugs im currently swaging. Im not figureing the cost of equipment because it will last the rest of my life. And i dont figure my time either. Because here in ND from November to April I have a lot of time. Id rather swage slugs for summer shooting than sit looking out the window watching it snow wishing it was summer!!!!! So my 25 grain segmenting HP cost me about 2.5 cents each.
The cost of my Corbin equipment at the time I bought it I was all in for about what my FX Panthera cost. So instead of buying another gun I am now ammo independant!
I agree with you 100%. If I didn't buy a compressor and casting equipment upfront... I would never be able to afford. To shoot my Texan.. I'm in the process of getting some slug barrels.for.my condor probably 16 twist and a 9 twist ..I'm sure in the future ,I won't be happy with cast accuracy ..Then ill jump into the rabbit's hole of swaging..I'm glad to have good mentors around .😀 I'm not paying $20.00 for a 100 lil slugs...Buy equipment cry once