• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

Sitting Freestyle Pistol FT

The great shooter, Scott from Moro Bay, contorts himself into cross legged pretzel with the pistol resting on a knee and his head positioned behind the scope. I'm pretty sure part of the trick is to have a short, forward mounted scope and extreme flexibility. I might have a picture from a match, but imagine a snake curled into a ball, and that's how he performs the task. I think Cameron Kerndt shoots similarly, if I recall ...

Here's Scott Hull shooting his rifle- remove the shoulder sto
Screenshot_20231112_073021_Photos.jpg
ck and you've the pistol position .

It's a journey, for sure. Little bits of bending and stretching over time might get you there.
A woman shooter at our events calls Field Target
" kinetic yoga"
Assume your pose, control your breathing and focus. After you break the trigger, you'll know if you've achieved perfection.

If shooting "Hunter" and willing to hold over ? .... One can achieve equal or better stability in the Dead Man Lap position using sticks !!
Position still requires a FORWARD scope mounting. Pistols grips butt on a knee & sticks support pistol on outside of the other leg/knee.
It is nearly bench rest steady if you can get into the position, which is nowhere as tough as Dead Man Lap on the ground / pad etc ...

109319534_157324345869577_6426374910945919930_o.jpg

"Do you have a picture of "taco hold" standing?"

Google "air pistol silhouette shooting with taco hold" and you can see some. Basically, with your off hand you hold the barrel or the scope and with the rear of the pistol close to your face you have a two handed grip with more stability than holding both hands on the grip and arms outstretched. This allows use of a rifle scope with its short eye relief.

Why not get from the horses mouth -

AirNGasman​

sys not (yet) knowing me well enough, and perhaps being an equestrian, might suspect this ass a biter.:oops: However, I usually only bite when bitten first. Do bark a lot, though!

Not being a contortionist, just fond of dating them (biological females ONLY need apply- hot ones; preferably Human), this is my old-fart-recliner PFT position.

1699895105909.png

Last edited:
"Do you have a picture of "taco hold" standing?"

Google "air pistol silhouette shooting with taco hold" and you can see some. Basically, with your off hand you hold the barrel or the scope and with the rear of the pistol close to your face you have a two handed grip with more stability than holding both hands on the grip and arms outstretched. This allows use of a rifle scope with its short eye relief.

1699895541004.png

Though not as functional as the 20 pound beer-belly I've shed in the last few years, the eyeglasses function as stabilizing ballast.:unsure:

You, too, can look forward to increasing natural, low center-of-gravity stabilizing ballast some day; assuming you 'work' hard at it.

1699898980358.png

Last edited:
Reactions: sjs
BTW and FWIW to those saying I should write another book, I am constantly writing a whole set of ongoing airgun encyclopedias on this forum...

In long, rambling, but hopefully either entertaining and/or provocative threads, posts...

and snippets!

1699896411242.png

Oh... and photos.

My aspiration is to be The Human Train Wreck. Love it or hate it, you can't look away!

🤣