Single cartridge CO2 airgun

I recently purchased a CO2 gun and wanted to let you folks in on what it is as promised.

Years ago I owned several of the QB's in including one of the first imported by Tim at Mac1. One of them was a QB-79 from Archers and it was a nice accurate gun and can be shot on one cylinder. I found a nice clean TF-79 offering on Ebay and was able to pick it up very reasonably. It was holding but I haven't shot as I wanted to reseal it first. I believe it is an early version as it does not have a safety. The seals arrived today so hopefully sometime later this week I can get it resealed and and deburred. Looking forward to shooting and checking the accuracy. 

IMG_4538.1651713675.JPG

Thanks Shayne. 

The gun weighs 7.1 lbs. with a small scope. That's 3.4 lbs lighter than the FWB-300 mini I've been shooting but still heavy enough to be stable. It was made in China and imported by Compasseco who sold out to Pyramid Air as I understand it. I haven't shot it enough to know the balance point. The gun was purchased on eBay and the seller stated that it was .177 but in fact is .22 cal. One of the reasons I almost didn't bid on it was because of it supposedly being .177. I have arthritis in my fingers so I'm pleased as loading the .22 is easier. I didn't know they made this model in .22. If it would have had a magazine .177 would have been preferred. 

I resealed the gun today and shot it for the first time just before dark. I had forgotten how nice these guns are to shoot. No more picking up 10 lbs after every shot to cock and load it. The trigger is nicer than a lot of guns and it's absolutely stable during the shot cycle. Next week it's suppose to be in the 60's and 70's so I'll try and get back here with a follow up.