• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Since somebody mentioned the Pulsar...

It's not the same- the Pulsar came first, was upgraded a bit over time, and is a fine rifle. There are definite differences in between those price points. 

But- do you need a rolls Royce when a nice Audi would do?

Would ask you to watch the Brit YouTube reviews for the rifle. Mine was v much more accurate single feeding vs. magazine and most reviews refer to that. It wasn't appalling with the mag, but quantifiable. 

Used, they can be a great bargain. Top heavy, heavy overall, reliable and efficient.

It's not the same- the Pulsar came first, was upgraded a bit over time, and is a fine rifle. There are definite differences in between those price points. 

But- do you need a rolls Royce when a nice Audi would do?

Would ask you to watch the Brit YouTube reviews for the rifle. Mine was v much more accurate single feeding vs. magazine and most reviews refer to that. It wasn't appalling with the mag, but quantifiable. 

Used, they can be a great bargain. Top heavy, heavy overall, reliable and efficient.

The old style magazine index lever strikes the pellet probe, although Daystate refuses to admit that it's a problem and that it affects accuracy, in my experience and many others it definitely does. Plus it can cause index pin breakage and premature breech seal failures. The new magazines cure the issues, but you also lose the non-double load and shot count features. Or you can take the old magazine apart and grind off a portion of the index lever to stop it from hitting the probe, in which case the features are retained and issue is eliminated.

I did this to my Renegade and it now works perfectly. My Pulsar has broken the index pin again. When it's repaired I'll need to alter that magazine too.

And yes, it is a heavy gun.

Is the Pulsar the bullpup version of the Red Wolf or did I miss something along the line? I love Daystates but the price tag of the Red Wolf is putting me off. The Pulsar is much less expensive. If the electronics and performance are essentially the same that might be an option I'd want to consider.

If you're a BULLPUP FAN then GO FOR IT. If you're more of a traditional rifle kinda guy then pay the extra for the RW. Don't buy it ONLY because its CHEAP. BUY something you WANT so you can feel comfortable shooting it every day instead of feeling uncomfortable just to save money. Good Luck. Yo!

Is the Pulsar the bullpup version of the Red Wolf or did I miss something along the line? I love Daystates but the price tag of the Red Wolf is putting me off. The Pulsar is much less expensive. If the electronics and performance are essentially the same that might be an option I'd want to consider.

OR you can just be like me and BLINDLY order 2 Delta Wolf's JUST TO lose sleep LIKE SELENA RIP every night waiting for them because I personally don't care whether or not the NEW Delta Wolf's are gonna FIT ME because I simply just HAVE TO HAVE IT!!! MATTER OF FACT ORDERED 2 OF THEM JUST TO BE DAMN SURE THAT I DONT CARE and I know their triggers should be the best as how all Daystate electronic triggers are. Then again LAMBORGHINIS SURE AINT COMFORTABLE! Good Luck. Yo!

I just bought the Pulsar's little brother, the Renegade. It uses about 1/2 the electronics (trigger only) as the Pulsar.

Even though it's a little heavier than most, it's still nice to shoot, balanced well, comfortable at the shoulder. Great trigger, smooth, no extra motion or movement than what it takes for release. The magazine was mentioned. I don't know about prior versions, but this one (recently bought) is simple, solid and very easy to use, from loading it, to its installation, to working with the gun.

Also no filler probe required. The fitting is in / or part of, the air chamber.

Mike

I DO like bullpups but I also like nice walnut (the walnut version of the RW caught my eye). I have a Huntsman with beautiful wood. If they had a Pulsar with a nice walnut stock that would be almost irresistible. Although - the gray laminate or forest laminate are very appealing.

I'm wondering too -- why the giant discounts on the Pulsar? Is it because the Delta Wolf is supposed to replace it? Could it be the Pulsar won't be available soon?

I DO like bullpups but I also like nice walnut (the walnut version of the RW caught my eye). I have a Huntsman with beautiful wood. If they had a Pulsar with a nice walnut stock that would be almost irresistible. Although - the gray laminate or forest laminate are very appealing.

I'm wondering too -- why the giant discounts on the Pulsar? Is it because the Delta Wolf is supposed to replace it? Could it be the Pulsar won't be available soon?

That would be my best guess. Either that or an updated Pulsar.

BUMMER I am still only missing the FOREST LAMINATE one... Yo!

I have the gray laminate Pulsar in .22 cal. Shoots and groups great. One hole, 5 shots at 25 yards with the 15.89 gr. .22 Hades.Single shot tray used. Great rat killer. I have a Delta Wolf in .22 cal. on order also.

1592337137_8820885015ee922f15aa353.75649295.jpg
1592337153_18019765895ee92301c9d107.78335261.jpg

The newest Pulsars are very similar to the Red Wolf. I have the Saxon HP, which is the newest version I think, and it came with an addendum saying it has the latest GCU 2.0 electronics and the rechargeable battery. It has the updated scope rail that doesn’t have the piece at the end that hovers above the shroud. They have the same barrel length as the Red Wolf although not sure if they are the same barrel. My only complaint so far is it is a little heavy but is balanced and shoulders well. Very accurate and versatile rifle. I think you will like it.