• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Simpler is better

Hi y’al,
So I bough this Beeman shoulder stock for the Beeman P1/HW45 decades ago and tried everything to get it to enhance the accuracy of the P1.
I placed red dots and pistol scopes and I’m done. Today I took the stock and scope off and was happy with how it shot with open sights.
Scope will go back to one of my contender barrels and that stock will go on Ebay.

A20C5976-7C45-47A4-BA9D-52B334307FD4.jpeg

I bought a umarex notos and got the open sights and pistol grip.. I wanted a PCP pistol, I'm happy with the accuracy, I don't need a rifle since I have 2 others.. but I am disappointed that the moderator is permanently attached, well at least until I have too change it in my machine shop.. it's a long gun 22 inches with moderator and 16 if it came off.. I also uses to have a p1 and it was good but I had a Webley tempest and it got a lot more shooting.. more compact.. really wish there was a compact PCP pistol, instead of SBR or hog leg.
I don't think I will ever attach the stock to the notos..
Mark

Reactions: Bubbacop
Nope...if I wanted a rifle / carbine (short rifle, NOT long pistol), I would have bought one.
I buy pistols / hand guns, because I want a...hand gun.
None of my pistols (firearms or air guns) have ever had a stock attached.

Mike
And basically all of my pistols are the opposite :ROFLMAO: They get used both as carbines and as pistols depending on which day of the month.

I bought a P1 stock many years ago when Beeman first offered them and love it.

It's well-designed, long enough so you can still use a pistol scope with longer eye relief. The stock's extra weight and anchoring of the pistol to the shoulder turn it into a nearly recoilless carbine, tons of fun to shoot. It originally came with a taller front sight which attaches over the original sight via a setscrew. This is absolutely necessary with open sights, since the stock alters the recoil characteristics so drastically - the P1's infamous muzzle flip is gone!

One thing I did not like, is that Beeman recommended using the grip screws to attach the stock. IMHO this is not sufficiently strong anchorage into the aluminum alloy frame, I found some longer screws that made things much more solid.