• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Simple Question

Hynzie, I don't mean to hijack this post but several things you need to know. First Everyone is born left handed and they stay left handed till they sin once! Second since you are almost ambidextrous you must be thinking of doing that first sin. About the a person having their dominant eye opposite their hand is pretty common. You just have to do what Phildog 59 said. My daughter is right handed and left eye dominant. She just learned to shoot as a lefty. Sorry Dark1961!

I feel your pain, it kills me to have to wear an eye patch at a range or fold the brim of a hat over my left eye. I don't even want to talk about my shotgun issues. Both eyes open HA.

I can't shot left handed, the scope wobbles like a drunk sailor. I've heard you could wear a patch over your left eye from time to time to help train your brain, but I've never heard of anyone doing it and it be worth the explanations.

As a Marine Corps veteran, I still have to improvise, adapt and overcome to complete a mission. So I just purchased a nicer Eye Patch. 😅

Smitty

Think you have to shoot with your left eye closed. And adjust the fokus only to your right eye.

That's exactly what I have to do under pretty much the same circumstances described above. I'm a committed righty! Until someone makes fun of me for eating 'left handed', there are other things too. Actually think I was meant to be a lefty but an injury (dislocated left shoulder treated only by a guy in the mall that said, oh, I can fix that .. ) just before school tried to teach us kids to write left me with few options but to adapted. I don't remember it all, just piecing together stories from my parents. I do remember all the notes home about me not being able to write anything readable and that my parents such seek help. They didn't.

Pistol... shoot righted handed, left eye on the sights. Another thing I didn't realize until my son made fun of me maybe 5 years ago when he started shooting with me.

Rifle... shoot right handed, closing my left eye is a must for me. Eye fatigue and or headaches are not uncommon after longer shooting sessions. Does make sighting in a scope at 1 yard increments for FT challenging though.

OP - if I missed above, I apologize, but adjust the rear focus ring until you get you best view of the reticle. This doesn't produce the best down range focus for me but its where I have to start. It's not an adjustment I change once set, it will change holdover data a little.

I do fine, you will too.