Simple Proactive Check For LDC Clipping Issues

Yo

Mar 26, 2020
Hi
This thread is going to lessen a lot of the future stressful inaccuracy and something's wrong with my gun or pellets QC posts.

Apologies for withholding this info All this time since I really like to read problems and the drama.

Get a bottle of bright fluorescent nail polish. Yellow or Pink Light Green or even White would do. Best if your Shroud endcap or LDC endcap can unscrew. If not no problem. Clean the hole with alcohol real good then paint nail polish inside the hole. Minimum of 2 Or more coats are best. More the merrier. USE liquid white out/liquid paper for similar results.

You can see at a glance if it clips and needs touch up Nail polish or liquid white out when you wipe down that pretty colorful hole daily as part of wiping down the gun routine.

This will lessen a lot of future stress.

Years ago we use to check how are arrows were leaving the bow rest by spraying powder Desenex (white foot powder in the can.) on the arrow rest and bow window. We also used the paper test to see how the arrow was leaving the bow, and whether it was fishtailing or porpoiseing. Just part of the bow tuning process.

Bet you were keen on who wore slippers then.

Whole purpose is to paint the exit hole then see where pellet strikes build up several layers of nail polish to lessen that exit hole diameter to see if the barrel allignment is good or have a concentric bore.

If clipping occurs then possible loose or shroud misalignment or non concentric bore or accidental double load or shooting too heavy or big projectile or sudden drop in gun pressure or using a wrong caliber pellet (don't laugh) or shooting it too slow intentionally or not (too low on air or deliberately cranking it down too slow).

By doing this building that exit hole constricting it enough with success you can know if YOU DON'T NEED TO GO PLUS ONE SIZE.

OH MY SECRETS!!! 25 CENTS PLEASE!!!

3t4wwy.jpg

I'm just scratching my head mostly around this post to see if he means using nail polish as cheap Permatex/LockTite anerobic fastner (which nail polish is not, it is aerobic acrylic) or if he means painting the exit hole on the LDC. Either or, both of these recommendations are completely and totally stupid. You either decrease the ID of the LDC and cause clipping or you trash the threads on your LDC and threaded barrel because once the LDC threads it's anerobic.

Yo, I honestly don't know but whatever you're on Yo -- weed, booze, or whatever I really just wish I had the free time to come up with some of the stuff you do. Just, please, in your trolling and silliness (which I enjoy, depending on volume) don't entice the uneducated, ignorant, or gullible to get hurt. You might find more enjoyment in teaching than in punishing the stupid :)

I'm just scratching my head mostly around this post to see if he means using nail polish as cheap Permatex/LockTite anerobic fastner (which nail polish is not, it is aerobic acrylic) or if he means painting the exit hole on the LDC. Either or, both of these recommendations are completely and totally stupid. You either decrease the ID of the LDC and cause clipping or you trash the threads on your LDC and threaded barrel because once the LDC threads it's anerobic.

Yo, I honestly don't know but whatever you're on Yo -- weed, booze, or whatever I really just wish I had the free time to come up with some of the stuff you do. Just, please, in your trolling and silliness (which I enjoy, depending on volume) don't entice the uneducated, ignorant, or gullible to get hurt. You might find more enjoyment in teaching than in punishing the stupid :)

I am pretty sure I am teaching many by starting this thread.

I didn't intend to punish you.

If you feel punished you may feel free to ignore all of my posts.