Simple Mods for my Snowpeak M60B

Max115

Jul 15, 2018
BC, Canada
I was quite surprised how popular these Snowpeak M60B pcp are. I didn't even know anything about this PCP 2 months ago until Wes of AirGunArcheryFun asked me to review it. I am glad I did because it turns out to be a great shooter with the right ammo.

This gun looks similar to my FX Impact MK2. Obviously it does not have the built quality and tunability of the Impact, but this affordability of this PCP is hard to ignore especially after I found out the amazing accuracy that it can do at 50 and even 75 yards. I was able to hit a very tight 5 shots group (8.74mm) with the NSA 17.5gr slugs with the factory setting of REG/HS. Maybe I got lucky. I have tried 100 yards but the results were not as good as I had hoped for. However, it showed potential as my tests were done in a windy condition. As you all know how challenging it is to shoot in the wind with any guns.

Anyway, I thought I would share a video on some of the MODs I did with this PCP and hopefully some of you will find them useful.

For starter, I cleaned the barrel throughly then I added 3M carbon fibre wrap to the barrel shroud and the cheek rest. I did some minor adjustment to shorten the trigger pull to my liking.

The mod that was worth mentioning is the bipod extension rail that I put together. I couldn't find anything online except the Sable Tactical rail but I didn't want to pay for the price. So I searched online for alternatives and I saw the 230mm picatinny rails and a couple of rifle mounts that I thought could work. Luckily they worked perfectly with some minor modification.

I grinned off the last nob on the rail and tight fitted the rifle mount into it. I made sure it was a tight fit, so it would hold together better. Now I have a $30-40 bipod extension rail that works and looks perfect with this M60B.

Enjoy.