• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Simple compact swaging dies

I believe at one point in time some guns came with a small swaging die set that you fill with a piece of lead, and tap with a hammer or mallet to force the lead into the correct shape

Does anything like this exist for someone who wants a portable way to form slugs without having to invest thousands? It seems like it could be a very simple device, I wonder why we don't see more of them advertised?

Is there any particular type / category of die that I should be looking for, or will any of the GMI dies work this way?

Never mind... I checked their website (which I don't think it's currently taking orders but you can still take a look at what they've got).

On one level I'm not surprised that a highly specialized durable tool like this is expensive, but on the other I can't help but wonder at the $350 plus price. Are these costly / difficult to machine?

Last edited: