• *Effective 3/27/2024 - The discussion of the creation, fabrication, or modification of airgun moderators is prohibited. The discussion of any "adapters" used to convert an airgun moderator to a firearm silencer will result in immediate termination of the account.*

Silent Thunder Pugio?

I looked at the STO site this morning and noticed a new compact Pugio model. Just wondering if anyone on the forum has tried one yet.

I have one. I also have the fantastic Accipiter Falx. Compared to the Falx the Pugio is louder as I expect it to be since it is significantly smaller.
The Falx is on my .25 M3 700mm set up for hunting and is SUPER quiet even pushing 33g Zans at 970fps.
The Pugio is on my .30 M3 600mm which is my 100y BR gun because I can leave the moderator on and it still fits in my hard case and I dont care if it is a little louder. All the Silent Thunder Ordnance moderators we have are great. The Sarissa is the quietest of the 3.

Reactions: shausen
I got one to try. I went with the aluminum end caps for more durability. It definately has a deeper tone than the Tanto, which the Pugio replaced on my .22 Dream-Tac. So far, I'm liking it. Here are some pictures of the Pugio next to the Tanto:

IMG_2196.jpg

IMG_2197.jpg

IMG_2198.jpg

After swapping out the Tanto for the Pugio, my first shot was dead on, so I am happy to report there is no evidence of any clipping! :)

IMG_2201.jpg

Reactions: shausen and Mr.H
I got one to try. I went with the aluminum end caps for more durability. It definately has a deeper tone than the Tanto, which the Pugio replaced on my .22 Dream-Tac. So far, I'm liking it. Here are some pictures of the Pugio next to the Tanto:

View attachment 307207
View attachment 307208
View attachment 307209

After swapping out the Tanto for the Pugio, my first shot was dead on, so I am happy to report there is no evidence of any clipping! :)

View attachment 307210
Interesting point of view re: the aluminum end cap. Did you also order with the aluminum threaded end, or the standard POM? Thanks for posting. 👍

Last edited:
I have one. I also have the fantastic Accipiter Falx. Compared to the Falx the Pugio is louder as I expect it to be since it is significantly smaller.
The Falx is on my .25 M3 700mm set up for hunting and is SUPER quiet even pushing 33g Zans at 970fps.
The Pugio is on my .30 M3 600mm which is my 100y BR gun because I can leave the moderator on and it still fits in my hard case and I dont care if it is a little louder. All the Silent Thunder Ordnance moderators we have are great. The Sarissa is the quietest of the 3.
And any db readings from unsuppressed to suppressed? Even a phone app would help, I know it doesn't cover all frequencies but anything would help give us an idea of what happens.

And any db readings from unsuppressed to suppressed? Even a phone app would help, I know it doesn't cover all frequencies but anything would help give us an idea of what happens.
I will get readings suppressed/unsuppressed on all 3 (the Accipiter Sarissa, Accipiter Falx and Pugio) this weekend.