• *Effective 3/27/2024 - The discussion of the creation, fabrication, or modification of airgun moderators is prohibited. The discussion of any "adapters" used to convert an airgun moderator to a firearm silencer will result in immediate termination of the account.*
  • The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Silent Thunder Ordnance

Did you get the short or long? I have a long version in .22, I really like it. So much that I ordered a short version in .25. Maybe the caliber specific pieces will be interchangeable, will find out once the .25 version arrives.

Not a good comparison to the Sarissa though, apples and oranges so to speak. The Sarissa dwarfs the Altaros....
I got the long version with the muzzle brake.

1683682914120.png

Caiman X Alteros (2).jpg

I just ran across this thread, but I figure I'll offer my 2 cents... As others have mentioned with STO, just get high flow and move on. I have a high flow Sarissa and a Falx. I love them both. STO moderators have spoiled me on everything else. The harder you push them, the better they work. I use the Sarissa on my 170 fpe .30, and it is still backyard friendly. Well, the report is, the bullet hitting something... not so much :D I use the Falx on my 60 fpe .177. The Falx actually works better than it has any right to on the .30 though. The Sarissa is in a class of it's own if you want maximum quiet, but the Falx ain't bad at all either.

There should be a link to a formula to help you decide on what flow (in the "Which version is right for me?" paragraph)....or just get the High, as Centercut suggested.

The two 1/2 options are POM (lightweight plastic endcaps), or aluminum (probably the better choice for higher power use....IMO).

Thanks for clarifying the 1/2 options. I will order the Falx, high flow aluminum 1/2 option.

Didnt know that, good call. My first test was going to be to simply drop a pelley thru and see if it fits or not
I would add that if you want one in .357, you will not be disappointed. I've had Emperors, Ronins, Clagues, etc. The .357 Sarissa is surprisingly effective for its size. Much more effective than a Ronin or an Emperor alone.

That's a bummer, have you tried it on another riffle? I've never had a problem with clipping. I four Falixs and one Sarissa, the Falixs stay on the gun only switching to the Sarissa for more muting. I will experience click or two variance when sighting in at 30 yrds. I've no experience in trying to communicate with them, click, wait, install, no problem. I hope all is resolved. I shudder to think something I highly recommend is not up to snuff.

Both STOs I had clipped. Both on different Impacts. Both guns have liners and so have more parts that have to line up, so it technically shouldn’t be his fault. Oddly enough, no other brand moderators did this with either rifle (I think tried 5 other models without clipping).
Larger heavier moderators will put a strain on a shroud that a smaller lighter moderator does not. The longer a moderator is the more likely it is to clip no matter how well made it may be.

Larger heavier moderators will put a strain on a shroud that a smaller lighter moderator does not. The longer a moderator is the more likely it is to clip no matter how well made it may be.
That is what is odd about the ones I had from them. They are half the weight as many others and in some cases had a larger diameter, while made for wider range of calibers, and still clipped. The POI shift would be much less with the STO, aside from the pellets that were clipping and going all over.

Theirs were probably the longest though.