🔴 SILENCERS – 56 of them! With Specs + Loudness Tests + Photos

56-Silencer Specs Table

New silencers are out! (including 2 from Weihrauch, with good looks) 

New silencer tests are out!

🔴Here is a Silencer Specs Table comparing 56 silencers, mostly for PCPs. That’s the first PDF attachment. Includes which connectors each silencers is sold with, calibers available, length, weight, girth.
A second PDF attachment shows photos of some of the silencers.

Table of Contents and Overview
• Silencer Specs Table – Sorted by Length
56 Silencers
13 Silencer Loudness Comparison Tests
From 0.88" (2.2cm) thin – to 2.0" (5.1cm) thick
From 2.9" (7.4cm) short – to 10.50" (26.7cm) long
From $26 to $270
In 6 calibers. From .177 to .50 (4.5mm to 12.7mm)
With 6 extensions, to create your mega or monster silencer, up to almost 17" (43cm)!

Also included:
• Silencers – Limited to Certain Gun Brands or Models or Springers
• Makers of Custom Silencers
• Loudness Comparisons: Test Details
• Links to Some Sellers and Prices
• Photos of Some of the Silencers ➔ separate file!

Happy silencer shopping!

Matthias

❌ Attachment 1: SILENCER Specs Table.

download.png
View attachment SILENCER Specs Table. 23. 2021-01.1611378082.pdf

❌ Attachment 2: SILENCER Photos.

download.png
View attachment SILENCER Photos. 23. 2021-01.1611378092.pdf

Reactions: Peskådot671
Here in the US we don't call suppressors "silencers," unless it is a misinformed tv show from Hollywood.

A suppressor isn't the same as an airgun LDC or moderator either. The difference is that a suppressor functions by capturing and retaining heat from the explosion, while a moderator captures air and uses dampening material to stop reverberation and echo.

56-Silencer Specs Table

New silencers are out! (including 2 from Weihrauch, with good looks) 

New silencer tests are out!

1f534.svg
Here is a Silencer Specs Table comparing 56 silencers, mostly for PCPs. That’s the first PDF attachment. Includes which connectors each silencers is sold with, calibers available, length, weight, girth.
A second PDF attachment shows photos of some of the silencers.

Table of Contents and Overview
• Silencer Specs Table – Sorted by Length
56 Silencers
13 Silencer Loudness Comparison Tests
From 0.88" (2.2cm) thin – to 2.0" (5.1cm) thick
From 2.9" (7.4cm) short – to 10.50" (26.7cm) long
From $26 to $270
In 6 calibers. From .177 to .50 (4.5mm to 12.7mm)
With 6 extensions, to create your mega or monster silencer, up to almost 17" (43cm)!

Also included:
• Silencers – Limited to Certain Gun Brands or Models or Springers
• Makers of Custom Silencers
• Loudness Comparisons: Test Details
• Links to Some Sellers and Prices
• Photos of Some of the Silencers ➔ separate file!

Happy silencer shopping!

Matthias

274c.svg
Attachment 1:
SILENCER Specs Table.

download.png
View attachment SILENCER Specs Table. 23. 2021-01.1611378082.pdf

274c.svg
Attachment 2:
SILENCER Photos.

download.png
View attachment SILENCER Photos. 23. 2021-01.1611378092.pdf

Also thanks for the hard work +1

Here in the US we don't call suppressors "silencers," unless it is a misinformed tv show from Hollywood.

A suppressor isn't the same as an airgun LDC or moderator either. The difference is that a suppressor functions by capturing and retaining heat from the explosion, while a moderator captures air and uses dampening material to stop reverberation and echo.

Nope, they ARE silencers, no matter how the act is accomplished. So says the patent.

Just someone's idea of another word for something. that happens all the time.

An example. Died = passed on, passed away, passed, perished, left us, loss of life, dear departed, gave up the ghost, expired, met his/her end, kicked the bucket, took his/her last breath, how about...dropped dead. All the same...he / she "died"..!

Mike

Be advised it all depends on your specific gun how well each silencer will work.

There's no such thing as one quiet across the board for all brands of PCP guns some work better than others and are based on wjat specific guns so BEST to buy them ALL and experiment first hand try every single one on your gun have 2 drawers full of all different ones. Don't swap one among your different guns keep them gun specific if the best Mousefart quiet and extreme accuracy is important to you some combinations often hinder accuracy in certain guns too.

Nope, they ARE silencers, no matter how the act is accomplished. So says the patent.

Just someone's idea of another word for something. that happens all the time.

An example. Died = passed on, passed away, passed, perished, left us, loss of life, dear departed, gave up the ghost, expired, met his/her end, kicked the bucket, took his/her last breath, how about...dropped dead. All the same...he / she "died"..!

Mike

It says silencer on an airgun patent or a firearm patent? 

Also yes they silence the noise, but a suppressor for a firearm is dealing with thermal dynamics. Typically, unless you are using a filter, most suppressors have a decent amount of metal mesh surrounding the baffles to help accomplish heat retention with hot gases. If you think there is no difference be advised not to touch a firearm's suppressor, they will burn your skin off and stay hot for 25min sometimes.

But if you say tomato and everyone else does too, I will follow suit. 

Finding the best suppressor for a given gun is not exact science . One of the most important thing when I buy an airgun : to be as quiet as possible. I made a lot of tests on different brands , lenghts , diameters , absorbant material ....it's sometimes impredictable . Bigger models don't work always as well as smaller ones in the same brand. Accuracy is good with an absorption type and poor with bafflings , an the contrary is also true. It's a bit the same problems than with the pellets , you have to shoot several types to find the one your gun likes the most. I have 11 PCP and about 20 suppressors ( or moderators or silencer , here in Belgium the name doesn't matter ..😉 ) of all brands and types and I tried a lot of combinations suppressor / airgun to see which is the best for each gun . I often make one myself , just to try a idea , it works or it doesn't , or modify an existing one . There is a vast field of investigation in this "science". So , yes I agree with @Odoyle , testing again and again is the best way .Time consuming job, but that's part of the fun 😁.

What I do sometimes is using a moderator just one size bigger : a .25 mod on a .22 cal , .30 for .25 cal etc...I found sometimes better accuracy without increase in sound and less clipping problems.

Finding the best suppressor for a given gun is not exact science . One of the most important thing when I buy an airgun : to be as quiet as possible. I made a lot of tests on different brands , lenghts , diameters , absorbant material ....it's sometimes impredictable . Bigger models don't work always as well as smaller ones in the same brand. Accuracy is good with an absorption type and poor with bafflings , an the contrary is also true. It's a bit the same problems than with the pellets , you have to shoot several types to find the one your gun likes the most. I have 11 PCP and about 20 suppressors ( or moderators or silencer , here in Belgium the name doesn't matter ..
1f609.svg
) of all brands and types and I tried a lot of combinations suppressor / airgun to see which is the best for each gun . I often make one myself , just to try a idea , it works or it doesn't , or modify an existing one . There is a vast field of investigation in this "science". So , yes I agree with @Odoyle , testing again and again is the best way .Time consuming job, but that's part of the fun 
1f601.svg

What I do sometimes is using a moderator just one size bigger : a .25 mod on a .22 cal , .30 for .25 cal etc...I found sometimes better accuracy without increase in sound and less clipping problems.

Flipping is a barrel alignment problem. But agreed. With Donny .177-.25 is slightly larger, but from .30 cal and above he gives you a larger diameter hole.