• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning Silencer for Feinwerkbau 300S mini

Interesting, I've never owned a mini, but do have three 300S's, they are the quietest air rifles I own.

Same thoughts here, I own an RWS 75TO1 and it barely makes any sound. The mechanics make more noise than the shot. Are we missing something here??

Yep, more of a pffft.

My Mini makes more noise than my 300. BUT I'm pretty sure it's all mechanical. The Mini is just a bare barrel, lacking the big heavy weighted sleeve on the non-Mini 300 series guns. I'm pretty sure that the extra noise is from the Mini not having the weighted/sleeved barrel. The extra noise from my example of the Mini seems to come from the process of the sled doing it's thing, not from the muzzle. I also suspect that the sled noise isn't as loud to bystanders as it seems to the guy holding the gun. 

Just an FYI. I have a '77 300S and made a s/s sleeve to replace the front sight dovetail mount (purely cosmetic reasons) because I am using a scope. It threw off my POI so badly that I put the mount back, bringing things back in line. "Harmonics" (of which I admittedly know very little about) of the gun, as well as affecting the sledge mechanics, may be something to consider if adding things to that gun IMHO. In stock form, it's such a finely tuned instrument that I hesitate doing anything to it, the scope being bad enough (due to my eyesight). Just know that there may be trade-offs in performance. Good luck and have fun, it's a great rifle regardless!