• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Sig’s ASP20 Red 💊 Pill

If you need the power, the SIG is a fine rifle. I would say mine is as accurate as my HW97 when shooting level. When I move to elevated targets in the trees, the hold sensitivity starts to show. For its power level it shoots well, better than the RWS 34s and 460 that I have shot. It is way better shooting than the TX200 I had, but that may have just been a bad apple. Fit and finish is on par with the current RWS, but not Weihrach or Air Arms. Sig will not sell you parts, but claim a five year warranty. I haven't had any problems with mine.

If you need the power, the SIG is a fine rifle. I would say mine is as accurate as my HW97 when shooting level. When I move to elevated targets in the trees, the hold sensitivity starts to show. For its power level it shoots well, better than the RWS 34s and 460 that I have shot. It is way better shooting than the TX200 I had, but that may have just been a bad apple. Fit and finish is on par with the current RWS, but not Weihrach or Air Arms. Sig will not sell you parts, but claim a five year warranty. I haven't had any problems with mine.

Five year warranty is pretty dang generous actually. Bummer on the parts but then a lot of the minor stuff you can get at Ace.

5 years is splendid. I haven't had any issues here either, and I put a ton of shots down range with it..

I have both; ASP 20 .22 wood stock and HW97 .22. Both are super accurate with the Sig hitting significantly harder. These are two different rifles and probably shouldn't be compared. Small learning curve with the Sig trigger but scary accurate. HW accuracy is a bit scarier. If I could have only one of them I'd be in trouble because I love them both.

I have both; ASP 20 .22 wood stock and HW97 .22. Both are super accurate with the Sig hitting significantly harder. These are two different rifles and probably shouldn't be compared. Small learning curve with the Sig trigger but scary accurate. HW accuracy is a bit scarier. If I could have only one of them I'd be in trouble because I love them both.

True. I'd probably chose my asp20 only because it hits alot harder, and I worry less when I am hunting/pesting with it......but I wouldn't want to choose.

I’m thinking about getting one in .22 for hunting what do you think about the synthetic stocks? I love my HW’s and FWB ‘s with the walnut and beech stocks but just using the Sig strictly for hunting.

I was going to get the synthetic stock version when the ASP20 was first released. There was a long delay on them for some reason so I paid the extra $80 for the beechwood. I don't care for the looks of the synthetic stock but that's just a subjective personal thing. For a hunting rifle the synthetic stock would be a good choice. The rifle is heavy so I'd recommend a sling for long outings in the field. You could easily find the synthetic version for $349 late last year. I think they've gone up in price though.

I don't think you could go wrong with either the Hw or the ASP. I got my BlackLine from Krale for $420. I was lucky with the ASP. PyramydAir had a 15% sale and the synthetic stock wasn't out yet plus I was looking at the ASP anyway and due to price was going to get the synthetic. Breech stock was no brainer. Got the ASP to my door for $365. I have a great springer in the HW and a great gas piston in the ASP which is why it hits harder. As I said before different rifles that I think shouldn't be compared. Can't go wrong with either.

I don't think you could go wrong with either the Hw or the ASP. I got my BlackLine from Krale for $420. I was lucky with the ASP. PyramydAir had a 15% sale and the synthetic stock wasn't out yet plus I was looking at the ASP anyway and due to price was going to get the synthetic. Breech stock was no brainer. Got the ASP to my door for $365. I have a great springer in the HW and a great gas piston in the ASP which is why it hits harder. As I said before different rifles that I think shouldn't be compared. Can't go wrong with either.

Agreed. Different tools, but both are great.

Don't know yet but I took the Red Pill and purchased one. I went with the .22 variant. My dad has an Air Arms .177 tx200 or whatever that model would've been called in the late 90's. I was looking for top end affordable and by the looks of it I think I found a happy medium. I got the one with Sigs Whiskey3 scope. 

I am still very pleased with my whiskey3 asp scope. Good value right there.

UPDATE....I did see them on Amazon for $349.99 + $19 S&H

Nice! I think it's WELL worth that price. Not a fan of the synthetic, but I do cringe a little when I see a dent or scratch in my wood stock.

I don't have any dents in my stock. I do have some scratches on the barrel that break through the finish coating. Some on the sound suppressor as well. The metal finish is another pet peeve of mine regarding the Sig. It scratches quite easily. Give me a rich gun bluing any day of the week instead of what they used.

Nice! I think it's WELL worth that price. Not a fan of the synthetic, but I do cringe a little when I see a dent or scratch in my wood stock.

I don't have any dents in my stock. I do have some scratches on the barrel that break through the finish coating. Some on the sound suppressor as well. The metal finish is another pet peeve of mine regarding the Sig. It scratches quite easily. Give me a rich gun bluing any day of the week instead of what they used.

My son put two scratches on the suppressor with his wedding band. I agree with you.

My son put two scratches on the suppressor with his wedding band. I agree with you.

Oh well ! Guess they wanted to keep the cost down. I did a bunch of shooting on Sunday at the Lake Sonoma range again. Shot my ASP20 and RWS 34 about 70 times each. The Sigs cocking and firing behavior is so much smoother than the 34. The frustrating thing with barrel cocking airguns is the barrel and the scope rail on the receiver are not in perfect alignment harmony. I can sight dead on at 30ft and at 30 yards I'm 1" (or more) to the left. Sight it in dead on at 30 yards and your off the mark left or right at 30 ft. Kind of frustrating. When dialed in at 34 yards I was consistently smacking a 3/4" spinner target. With both rifles. It was fun though.

Oh well ! Guess they wanted to keep the cost down. I did a bunch of shooting on Sunday at the Lake Sonoma range again. Shot my ASP20 and RWS 34 about 70 times each. The Sigs cocking and firing behavior is so much smoother than the 34. The frustrating thing with barrel cocking airguns is the barrel and the scope rail on the receiver are not in perfect alignment harmony. I can sight dead on at 30ft and at 30 yards I'm 1" (or more) to the left. Sight it in dead on at 30 yards and your off the mark left or right at 30 ft. Kind of frustrating. When dialed in at 34 yards I was consistently smacking a 3/4" spinner target. With both rifles. It was fun though.

You are having an alignment issue with the sig? I haven't had tgat AT ALL with that gun. I have had POI shifts with temperature changes, but never as a result of cocking the gun.