• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Sightron scopes

I have a SII Big Sky 6-24 on a powder burner and love it, the turrets feel a bit " mushy " when turning them with no feeling of positive clicks but they have proven very reliable, the glass has excellent clarity, apparently the same as the SIII series, which after looking through my SIII 10-50 I would agree. I think for the price the Sightron SII or SII Big Sky scopes are better value in the long run than some other offerings but they don't have the side focus or 30mm tube that everyone thinks they need, I reckon you will be well pleased with the SII 4-16, what are you mounting it on? PCP or springer ?

"Strikey"I have a SII Big Sky 6-24 on a powder burner and love it, the turrets feel a bit " mushy " when turning them with no feeling of positive clicks but they have proven very reliable, the glass has excellent clarity, apparently the same as the SIII series, which after looking through my SIII 10-50 I would agree. I think for the price the Sightron SII or SII Big Sky scopes are better value in the long run than some other offerings but they don't have the side focus or 30mm tube that everyone thinks they need, I reckon you will be well pleased with the SII 4-16, what are you mounting it on? PCP or springer ?
I'm really surprised about your big sky as the turrets on my si 4-12 are some of the best I've felt / heard, if that makes sense. Very positive clicks

They seem to be a very solid scope.

The side focus would have been nice but not fussed about 30mm tube.

It will initially sit on my Royale 400 

Cheers
eco

I have the Big Sky 3.5-10 with duplex reticle and like it. Only used on 223 win and 22lr, but very clear and solid clicks.

I have a SII 3-9 that I use on my Diana 34 177cal and it works just fine.

I have an SIII 8.5- 50 with mil-hash reticle...05mil/click adjustment and use in F class on my 308win. I've done tall target tests on this and it tracks right on. Dial in 5 mil and you get 5mil.

As a brand, I'm a fan of Sightron and would have no qualm about buying any of their products.

Hope that helps.

"ecoshooter"
"Strikey"I have a SII Big Sky 6-24 on a powder burner and love it, the turrets feel a bit " mushy " when turning them with no feeling of positive clicks but they have proven very reliable, the glass has excellent clarity, apparently the same as the SIII series, which after looking through my SIII 10-50 I would agree. I think for the price the Sightron SII or SII Big Sky scopes are better value in the long run than some other offerings but they don't have the side focus or 30mm tube that everyone thinks they need, I reckon you will be well pleased with the SII 4-16, what are you mounting it on? PCP or springer ?
I'm really surprised about your big sky as the turrets on my si 4-12 are some of the best I've felt / heard, if that makes sense. Very positive clicks

They seem to be a very solid scope.

The side focus would have been nice but not fussed about 30mm tube.

It will initially sit on my Royale 400 

Cheers
eco

Ecoshooter, the turret clicks on my SII Big Sky are not as definite as on my SIII or any of the Leupolds I have or my Nightforce BR but they are very consistent and reliable, if I dial up, down, left or right they always return to zero with no problems, if my Huntsman doesn't sell it will be getting a Sightron on it.
Where abouts in Oz are you buying your Sightrons from?