sightron s111 500 dollar diff FT vs. long range for airguns ,

Normally the difference in price means a difference in clarity because cristals quality and also quality in tourrent mechanism.

But many expensive scopes can also be deffective, so more payment does not always implies better performance.

Depends on if you are a hunter or an EBR shooter (time to judge how to sight) is the reticle you should choose on your scope.

Last edited:
I crossed off the long range model when I saw that it doesn't focus down to 10 yards. I chose the FT MOA-H which is on back order until mid-December.

Good choice. Pretty sure that the LR version doesn't have illumination which adds quite a bit to the price. I find that I often need the illumination when shooting at paper. I have one of each and the close focus is a must have for me. They also made an illuminated dot version with exposed 0.05 mil clicks and an illuminated dot in the center of a Mil-H reticle, but I don't see them anymore on the website. I also have the 10-60x56 SV ED version and to my eyes it is definitely more clear than the standard S3, but it is pretty big and heavy with a 34mm tube. The side focus on the SV also goes to 10 yards and the movement is the smoothest I have ever seen on a scope, with a reduced gearing outer knob.

Reactions: O'Laugh