• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Sightron S-TAC

Yes it's made in the Philippines pretty clear but it's not an SIII. No yardage markings whatsoever on the side focus. Honestly I thought it was a Japanese scope but I was wrong. Funny you mention this S TAC since I also got a cheaper TAC Vector that's real close in clarity and overall build and similar SFP reticle you may as well buy the Bushnell Nitro 5-20x44 from camera land on sale for only $199 ($499 regular price) the glass is clearer and brighter than the S TAC and I bought the FFP version on clearance from SWFA $299 incredibly clear Korean made scope. YO!

Wow! I’ve never seen a S111 that cheap let alone a 10-50x60, where did you find that deal? At that price there won’t be any left! I know where the S-TAC is made, more interested the reticle and how small the center dot is for some close range target or HFT comp.? I’m not a ffp fan. And don’t want a huge heavy scope, I don’t want to spend more than $450 sightron’s have always been good to me! Had several s11 when they were still made in Japan! I think UJ’s comments reflect what I’m looking for. Thanks for the replies guy’s 

Wow! I’ve never seen a S111 that cheap let alone a 10-50x60, where did you find that deal? At that price there won’t be any left! I know where the S-TAC is made, more interested the reticle and how small the center dot is for some close range target or HFT comp.? I’m not a ffp fan. And don’t want a huge heavy scope, I don’t want to spend more than $450 sightron’s have always been good to me! Had several s11 when they were still made in Japan! I think EJ’s comments reflect what I’m looking for.

Just look down 5-6 threads at the thread I started last week. It is in the thread title. You can even get a lower mag SIII closer to that STAC for about the same price as a STAC too. They still have some of the 10-50 left. He has only sold out of the illuminated version as far as I know.

Sightron S-Tac is made in the same factory by the same company that produces the Vortex Viper PST Gen 2. Exact same scope, just branded for Sightron. Both are decent optics. There are some other good choices around that price range though.

I'm not sure about this. Sightron makes all their own scopes, and don't use OEMs. The STAC is just made by Sightrons Philippines factory. Maybe they make the PST gen2 for Vortex - I don't know. But they are definitely not the same scope. Below is a Dark Lord of Optics/Ilya Koshkin video of the STAC, directly comparing it to the PST gen2 

https://youtu.be/Fpx-sBQM4bo

I will have to call Scott tomorrow, see what is left and how these serial #’s and price’s correlate with new #’s? The FT scopes would be good at those prices! I can live with the size and weight if that’s what I think it is? Thanks “not sure I’ve ever seen a LRMD reticle in a 10-50 FT scope?”

They are easy matchups to the new numbers. The features are the same. They are literally just a different color. I actually sold an LRMD scope about a month ago for a touch more than they are selling them for now. 

Also, the LRMD is not a "FT" model. It is a standard 10-50 model with the Mil-Dot reticle.

Smok3, you are correct, I did some investigating on sightrons website and it’s not the same as the FT models (called Scott anyway just to double check?) probably would have purchased one anyway but that Reticle just won’t work for my intentions😞 “probably see a lot of these in the classified’s for a couple hundred more than purchased price😉

Thanks guy’s for all the input, I think I just need to look through S-Tac before I make any decisions? I do like the Sightron FT scopes! But Before I would pay full price for one of those I would buy a NF-BR 12-42,( very heavy scope ) I had one... made a very bad decision and sold it! I know I keep bringing this up in every optics post, “maybe I should take my own advice and buy another!”

I was think along the same lines as you macros... I want the original S-TAC anyway, not lighted, not FFP etc.

Yah I've got one of the original non illuminated ones 👍🏻 Good scope. But believe the guys here - the glass is not at all SIII level. Nor are the turrets.

I keep saying this and people are probably getting sick of it but look into the Meopta optika 6 scopes before you make any decisions, in particular the 3-18x56 - it's closest in basic spec to the STAC you're looking at. They come in many different mag ranges as well as objective diameters (50 and 56), FFP and SFP, MRad and MOA rets, etc. Made from start to finish at meopta in Europe and are so good I almost wonder if they aren't selling them at cost to break into the market. 
Bottom line is they completely crush the STAC and aren't far off in pricing, particularly the non illuminated SFP versions.
Lol, and no I don't sell them 😂 Just blew me away when I got mine. My other scopes are the STAC, Delta stryker hd and fixed 10 sightron SIII. Had a variable SIII before. It's better than all but the stryker, and it's not far behind in any category.

I could see these being a real problem for Element in terms of bang for buck (assuming those are genuinely as good as claimed).

There are a couple of recent threads here on the Optika6 which you should have a look at if you haven't already. There are a good few reviews out there now as well 👍🏻

This one sprung to mind as a pretty good one:

Optics thoughts BigJimFish Meopta optika 6

Cheers!

I personally love the S tac. The reticle is great! I love it for holdovers and dialing in. The glass is clear and bright. That scope influenced me in choosing my higher tier scopes. I finally chose a March FX which has a reticle very similar to the MOA2. Now for dialing in you just really need a duplex. But it’s nice to be able to “set it & forget it” and use it all day without dialing.