Sightmark Wraith 4k mini

I just got the Wraith 4k mini in yesterday. I heard Jason and Hans from Outdoor Legacy Gear talking about it on their Late Night Vision Show podcast and I ordered one the next day. 

I have the Wraith HD also, which I like, but I wanted the 4k so I could get a better quality zoom. I also love the size, this thing is about the size of a 3x prism sight. It is also fairly light, doesn’t feel heavy at all.
Only down side to me is that you can’t mount the ir illumination on the sight, there isn’t any space. I like using a light mounted to pic rail better anyway, but it’s nice to mount to the sight if needed on the HD model. I think the smaller size is a good trade off though. 

Another new feature I like is that this model has more reticles available, including the option for FFP and mil or moa options.

I replaced the stock Wraith 4k mini mount with another American Defense QD mount like I also put on my Wraith HD. Outdoor Legacy also carries these, so I ordered it at the same time. I like these mounts because they hold zero and the sight has 5 profiles so you can zero it on multiple rifles or different ballistic settings. 

I’ll reply back after I use it, but the HD model is so easy to setup and zero that I don’t see any problems ahead. My biggest problem now is deciding to use this or my AGM Rattler TS-25. I’m feeling pretty blessed at the moment. 

08EDD821-C082-47AB-8079-C1466622E15C.1635118378.jpeg
CD81CE8E-EC6E-49E4-8B03-8FDD4050EFE2.1635118378.jpeg
2F41DD8D-9538-4515-AA68-13E7D622C5E8.1635118378.jpeg
8912FFBB-E4E5-4DE8-BA26-1064326BAB50.1635118378.jpeg
38BE4030-4444-4CB6-BF65-C303BD692723.1635118378.jpeg

Reactions: RM.510bigbore
I also bought the Wraith mini a few months ago. 

Really like it. Great fit for the Leshiy 2. Currently have it mounted on the ADM MT-ADM18-AD-B5-TL, which is a little taller than your mount. 

What is that ADM mount? 

Outdoor Legacy has an ADM mount, but it looks a bit smaller than that one.

Screenshot from 2021-12-18 03-07-09.1639825644.png

https://outdoorlegacygear.com/products/american-defense-mfg-iray-rico-qd-mount?variant=32658056282186

I can't find this mount on the ADM webpage, either. Looks like it should be a good fit for the Wraith Mini. 

The ADM mount is the same for all the wraith models, it fits them all. Much stouter than the Sightmark version of QD.

https://outdoorlegacygear.com/collections/scope-rings-mounts/products/american-defense-mfg-sightmark-wraith-qd-mount?variant=32602832830538

Okay, so that must be the same as this model: AD-B3-HD 

https://www.opticsplanet.com/american-defense-manufacturing-ad-b3-hd-modular-base.html?_iv_code=26S-MT-ADB3HD-AD-B3-HD-BLK-TAC

It's odd Outdoor Legacy doesn't mention the ADM part numbers. I wonder if this will fit the Wraith Mini. It looks like it should, but it isn't clear if the holes in the base have the right dimensions. 

Here is the new ADM AD-B3-C mounted on the Leshiy 2 with the Mini Wraith.

I had another ADM mount between the Leshiy 2 and the Mini Wraith before this, and the scope almost maintained the zero between switching the mounts. Was off by only about 2 MOA.

View attachment 281126
Nice. After reading this thread I'm thinking of going with the outdoor legacy version with 1 clamp. But I'm hoping it will bring the scope back a little further like this without getting the off set mount. I have the sight mark qd on it right now.

Reactions: _CTAIRGUNNER_
I have not. $80 does not sound too unreasonable considering all the other options as far as quality qds go.. I'm hoping the single clamp version from outdoor legacy will center the scope and scooch the sight back another section to get better eye relief on my leshiy 2 than the double qd clamp version i have already made by sight mark. (Not the best mount option but better than stock) Like the cantilever AD B3 C. only less drastic. If that makes sense..

I think there is an issue you might have to deal with. If you move your QD mount too-far back, it interferes with the lever on the Leshiy that opens the action, i.e. the last few slots of the picatinny rail are not usable by most QD mounts. You can usually use the 2nd from last slot, but that often takes filing your QD mount down a little bit, and some people would be hesitant to do that.

That's why I prefer the cantilevered mount.

See this is exactly what I mean. I feel like centering the mount with one throw lever will give me that one or 2 slots back that I'm looking for due to the leshiys stock release lever or what have you.. but i do not know if the outdoor legacy mount will do that for me or if I should go with what you purchased to play it safe to step it back!