Sightmark 4K Freezing Up

Need some help/advice. I’ve got a Sightmark 4K that I got last fall from Utah Airguns with my Maverick .30 cal. I switched over to my Impact and have been using it to shoot pigeons during the day and rats at night. Over the last 4 weeks it has frozen up on me 4 times when I’m using it (on a full charge) where I can’t access the menu via the power wheel or even turn it off. All I can do is let the battery drain down and then recharge it again. Has anyone else had this problem? If it needs work, should I be contacting Utah Airguns or Sightmark directly? Love the scope other than this annoying habit it’s picked up.

Need some help/advice. I’ve got a Sightmark 4K that I got last fall from Utah Airguns with my Maverick .30 cal. I switched over to my Impact and have been using it to shoot pigeons during the day and rats at night. Over the last 4 weeks it has frozen up on me 4 times when I’m using it (on a full charge) where I can’t access the menu via the power wheel or even turn it off. All I can do is let the battery drain down and then recharge it again. Has anyone else had this problem? If it needs work, should I be contacting Utah Airguns or Sightmark directly? Love the scope other than this annoying habit it’s picked up.
I have been having a similar experience with the 4K max. There is a reset button on the top so you shouldn't have to wait for the battery to drain down. When I got my first 4K max, the first thing I did was update the firmware to the current version. I have mine mounted on an AR platform so recoil shouldn't be an issue. The first time it froze up was when I was attempting to exit the menu system by "quick pressing" the power button. Another instance of the optic freezing occurred after taking a shot and while also trying to power down the optic. I contacted Sightmark customer service and they told me to send my optic to them for diagnostic evaluation... I didn't want to be without the optic on my rifle for several weeks so I returned it to where I purchased it and got a new one. The replacement optic has also been freezing up as well. I have noticed a pattern with the freezing, almost every instance has occurred while either trying to exit the menu system, or while powering down the optic. I suspect there is an issue with the firmware and how it responds to "quick pressing" the power button. While powering down, if the power button is released when the count reaches "1" it almost always will freeze. I contacted Sightmark after my replacement 4K max started freezing too, they just told me to send it to them for evaluation. The current firmware release date was back in 2021, so I don't know how quickly this will be addressed.....

I 2nd the update. My ATN froze up. I couldn’t even turn it off. Had my kid update it. All is good now. Seems every whip-n-stitch they change some software.
The sightmark 4K still freezes up after loading the most recent firmware version. The firmware hasn't been updated since 2021. I think the firmware has a flaw in it that is causing the optic to freeze when the power button is quick pressed. I think it's a programmatic issue because the power button performs multiple tasks depending on the situation. For instance, to exit various areas of the configuration menu, you have to perform a quick press of the power button. Also, to open/close the range estimation feature you have to perform a quick press of the power button. I question if when quick pressing the power button it triggers the shut down process, but because it was a quick press, it confuses the optic firmware... causing it to freeze.

I have had a atn 5-50 thermal in 2019 , mine would freeze and sometimes I had to remove battery to shut it off , well I did upgrade and tried all revisions nothing helped
The fix was to use Kentli batteries the kentli batteries have a higher voltage then regular aaa batteries so the extra .3 v (1.5v vs 1.2v+) cured issue the Motherboard/Cpu required more voltage , thing is any thermal works on low vlotages and a cheap or weak battery can cause issues like you have , use hi quality batteris and let me know if it cures your unit like it did with mine ,

I have had a atn 5-50 thermal in 2019 , mine would freeze and sometimes I had to remove battery to shut it off , well I did upgrade and tried all revisions nothing helped
The fix was to use Kentli batteries the kentli batteries have a higher voltage then regular aaa batteries so the extra .3 v (1.5v vs 1.2v+) cured issue the Motherboard/Cpu required more voltage , thing is any thermal works on low vlotages and a cheap or weak battery can cause issues like you have , use hi quality batteris and let me know if it cures your unit like it did with mine ,
The Sightmark 4K max isn't a thermal optic. just IR night vision; it also has an internal rechargeable battery so using a different battery isn't an option. I believe an external battery pack can be used, but only to either charge or extend the run time.

The OP didn't indicate if their optic was freezing up while navigating through the menus, or while powering off.... or if it would freeze up simply while it was on.

that is what mine did , them cpus act funky when voltage is off even .1 , v
can you measure battery voltage to see if it is cause <<<<<<<<<<<<<??????????????
Unfortunately that isn't possible with the Sightmark 4K because the internal rechargeable battery is sealed inside. There's no ability to access the battery directly, there is only a USB-C charging port.