Tuning Sighting sig mcx .177 red dot

My back yard only allow me to shoot at about 12 meters. My new gun with red dot shoots about 4 inches to the right and about 3-4 inches down. I tried sighting it but no matter which direction i turn, it made very little difference. I know it should be better sighted at 25-30 yards but i’d like to zero it in at the shorter distance. Is it even possible? Is it even possible? I’m new to AG and i was hoping the red dot would enable me to pt and shoot at shorter distances. Thanks for your input to newbie question.

I can't answer your question about sighting in the red dot, but - I do have a MCX with the 1-4 scope I got back in 2018. It will sight in at 12 meters. Nice looking gun and fun to shoot however mine has been plagued with problems like jams and pieces, mainly internal springs, coming loose. Also no where near the power it is advertised at.

To me it is expensive to shoot using the 89/89 gram CO2 cartridges. I got one of the converters that uses two 12 gram cartridges but that led to more jams.

Sorry I can't help you with the red dot. Use to have a couple of the cheap ones and my experience with them was the same as you are having.

Hello unless there is an issue with the gun or the red dot you should be able to zero at that distance. Is the gun shooting straight with iron sights at that distance? If so are the sights centered or are they walked all the way to one side to get the gun to zero? If the gun is ok with the Irons it is probably your red dot. What red dot are you using ? Are you using a riser mount? Where on the gun did you mount it (receiver or forward rail)? I hope this starts to put you in the right direction but if not please ask any question and I might be able to help Eric

Hello unless there is an issue with the gun or the red dot you should be able to zero at that distance. Is the gun shooting straight with iron sights at that distance? If so are the sights centered or are they walked all the way to one side to get the gun to zero? If the gun is ok with the Irons it is probably your red dot. What red dot are you using ? Are you using a riser mount? Where on the gun did you mount it (receiver or forward rail)? I hope this starts to put you in the right direction but if not please ask any question and I might be able to help Eric

I bought the sig mcx .177 and it came with a sig mini red dot. I’m unable to find much about that particular model online. It is 3 MOA. I mount it on the end of the receiver rail before the forward rail as i’d read that would be the best place for this gun. It’s in a picapinny rail with no riser. I’ll have to test it more and get back to you. I ordered some splash targets as it was difficult to see where it hit on regular target at 10 meters. I just know it kept shooting right and low no matter how much i adjusted the red dot either way.

Hello Hqly2001 I looked on pyramid air to see the types of red dots sig offers, if it is the one sold with the rifle package on there web sight most likely the optic is defective because the one sold in their package looks to be correct for that rifle in regards to height and eye alignment. If it is the one sold on their accessory page listed as a reflex red dot it is to low to shoot in that configuration for that gun and would need a riser. Sig usually has a good return policy in returning a defective optic but depending on what vender you bought the gun from that may also be willing to exchange the optic as well. More likely than not it is probably the optic but again jut check the irons. I hope this helps and any other questions just ask but it seems the sight is defective. Nothing worse than getting something and it not working as it should good luck hope it works out Eric