• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!
  • The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

SIGHTING OPTIMUS

I've used all Crosman: destroyer, super match and field hunting. An inch high and left. Am using a sling as well and I've jury-rigged a pretty stable gun rest. It seems that if I re-adjust the sights that came with the gun, there is no change. That just about drives me crazy. I compensate for the up-down, left-right, but no real change. What's that all about???

Are you up to speed on the artillery hold? There is no indication as to how long you have been an air gunner so I want to cover all of the bases and hopefully someone that is experienced with your problem will help out.

​The fact you have adjusted the sights and are still hitting the same place is very odd. When you say you are using the sights that came with the gun are you referring to the open sights or a scope?

​What are the weights of the different pellets you have used? My Crosman Nitro Venum Dusk is super pellet fussy. It throws heavier pellets a full eights inches to the right @ 20yrds.

If your sling is attached to the barrel that is one cause for poi shift. Try shooting without it and though your groups may open up initialy you will be a better shooter in the long run not using it. Check the the breech block is tight in the receiver slots on the tube. Also make sure that upon locking up the barrel/block that it is in the same place every time. After making sure all these things are correct start pellet testing again and buy some jsb, h7n and rws pellets as well.

I have a remington vantage, which was re branded the quest after crosman dropped the remington name. The fiber optic plastic rear sight need to be treated with care. Don't just crank to wheel to adjust windage as it can strip out easily. Don't rest the gun were in a fashion that the rear sights are under any pressure.