Sight screw plugs after removing the iron sights.

Hello,

While I mostly shoot pcp’s now I still enjoy my springers, and after removing the iron sights from my RWS Diana models 52 and 350 I find that none of my plug screws in my Pachmayr screw set will fit to plug the holes. 6-48 is the smallest I have and they are too large. What plug screws do you use on these German rifles and where can I buy some?

Thanks, Tom

download.png
079E8200-1444-4F24-8837-8C9FAA24C638.1651842033.jpeg

funny thing is I deleted this photo yesterday.

Mitch

Reactions: Humdinger
If you have an industrial fastener supply or a real good hdwe store they will have what is called a "set screw" yes the German rifles use metric threads but most good outlets should have them. You may have to buy a whole box but typically only a few bucks. By getting set screws they should already be black. If you can find the correct size ( 2 or 3 mm) you can also order them from McMaster Carr industrial supply. 

The plug screws are M5x0.5, an unusual pitch that can't be easily found commercially. You can get the die from China/ebay, and the quality of the die is sufficient for the purpose, especially if you can accept brass screws. I believe the Weihrauch originals were phosphated steel, but ARH used brass screws. If you send me a pm, I'll give you the die. I've already made up enough for my own use.