• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Sight in new HW97k .20

Installed a UTG 3x12 scope on my new HW97k and sighted in at 25 yards. Ragged hole after sight in! Beeman .20 same as FTT. Sight in on right then 4 consecutive 5 shot groups.
PXL_20210516_210008476.1621198995.jpg
PXL_20210516_205517653.1621198995.jpg

Well well you have what I have and in the same caliber but mine's the Thumbhole stock in Beech.

Look at what YOU did with the .20!

I have said I'd be willing to sell my .20 HW97K-T but it won't happen because I know in experience with it it is better than anyone else's shown with targets and such in .177 or .22.

The reason I am willing to sell my own HW97K-T .20 from years and years ago is because I got an HW98 .20 and THAT is NOT EVER going before the vaunted HW77/97 or any other underlever made by anyone.

The only reason I keep mine if for REFERENCE to the fact the HW97K-T is more accurate than anyone else's HW97K-T in .177 or .22.

So for me it is a reason to PROVE the .20 is really the best caliber in most air rifles.

As well, for personal reasons and the amount of time and years I proved to myself anyone liking an underlever for any reason should try the HW98 and compare. Whether they shoot off sandbags or offhand. The HW98 is the rifle to end it all.

"Just end it and get an HW98" is truly my first suggestion for anyone wanting consistency, longevity, accuracy, and life-long BONDING to the rifle. Every HW98 I have is an absolute gem. I have them in .177, .20, and .25.

But I KEEP my HW97K-T .20 that I bought from Straight Shooters many years ago when it was Craig and Kevin.

It is a GOLD star rifle, admittedly not as good as any HW98, but admittedly probably the best kind of underlever today.

And it is better than the TX200!

I have the 98 in .177. A very sweet shooter. 12 ftpound tuned.

There's no way in the entire green earth anyone will talk me out of buying an HW98 in any caliber.

My wife will stop me and say you have 3 already and do you really need a .22 when you've got your HW80K .22 Long Range Hunter?

Well, I think she wins that. I have a lot of .22 air rifles from HW35E to HW80K and can't complain about any of them. To me the .22 is the standard accurate perfect air rifle to own for most purposes and I will always own air .22 rifles (the ones I have now and I can't buy anymore).

The other thing is the .20 HW98 is an earlier model HW8 with solid stock barrel without the ability to unscrew off the muzzle. It's an antique now because of just that.

The .177 and .25 came with muzzles you can take off while the "old" .20 has a permanently fixed barrel with screws and studs keeping it permanent.

All rifles perform wonderfully. 

But there are times when the .177 is "too light" and the .22 is "too heavy" in the 98 powerplant. The .25 and the .20 get rid of either.