Gentlemen, I feel your points are overblown, many things or everyday objects can be made “lethal”. I doubt there are “Karens’ “ out there searching on YouTube for powerful Airguns to ban. The horse left the barn over 100 years ago. These kind of threads are just hand wringing exercises by those who should know better. We need not be our own “Karens’ “.

The Girardoni air rifle
The Girardoni air rifle was an important first. It was the first repeating rifle of a specific general kind to enter general military service. It was one of the first uses of a tubular magazine.

Worry when regulating air guns will generate votes for some oily tongued political type or there is money to be had for doing it. Until then pray our ranks swell to the point we have some political sway other wise all is lost and doom and despair will follow us all the rest of our days forever and ever amen.
On the other hand there are people who love gloom and despair. if none exists imagine some.

Gentlemen, I feel your points are overblown, many things or everyday objects can be made “lethal”. I doubt there are “Karens’ “ out there searching on YouTube for powerful Airguns to ban. The horse left the barn over 100 years ago. These kind of threads are just hand wringing exercises by those who should know better. We need not be our own “Karens’ “.

The Girardoni air rifle
The Girardoni air rifle was an important first. It was the first repeating rifle of a specific general kind to enter general military service. It was one of the first uses of a tubular magazine.
While I do agree. (to me) there is a need for some concern..."some concern". I find it our duty as and airgun community and forum members to educate people when they come searching for information... The people that come searching are the ones looking to be in the know....not listening to YT idiots doing idiotic things... I know some of us get tired of answering the same questions over and over by new members but sometimes it's a must to educate them...that's why they come here... There should be a "getting started" most "frequently asked" Sticky made here..

Reactions: L.Leon
Exactly! Here is another one:
I am taking this opportunity to reverse my opinion here. Not 100% but enough I thought it necessary to publicly admit that I have changed my mind significantly.
I took the time to watch the above video. I cringed all the way through it. This type of publicity is doing our sport no favors at all and I really wished the producer would have taken a different angle.
Had it been presented as a safety video stating the obvious and never spoken fact that yes an air gun can be lethal so standard gun safety practices are a must because you can actually cause a fatality with an air gun I would not have had an issue.
What really got me thinking was the comments. I will admit I did not read them all but enough to see there are people in this sport who view air guns or any gun In a manner that is counter productive to recreational shooting sports.
I still do not think we are in danger of being regulated to 12 fpe or anything like that as yet but if the mentality that produced this video grows then yes, there could be some problems on the horizon.

I know there are a lot of people who will disagree and that is fine. I just ask that you watch this video and ask yourself if you are comfortable with the message it conveys.

I am taking this opportunity to reverse my opinion here. Not 100% but enough I thought it necessary to publicly admit that I have changed my mind significantly.
I took the time to watch the above video. I cringed all the way through it. This type of publicity is doing our sport no favors at all and I really wished the producer would have taken a different angle.
Had it been presented as a safety video stating the obvious and never spoken fact that yes an air gun can be lethal so standard gun safety practices are a must because you can actually cause a fatality with an air gun I would not have had an issue.
What really got me thinking was the comments. I will admit I did not read them all but enough to see there are people in this sport who view air guns or any gun In a manner that is counter productive to recreational shooting sports.
I still do not think we are in danger of being regulated to 12 fpe or anything like that as yet but if the mentality that produced this video grows then yes, there could be some problems on the horizon.

I know there are a lot of people who will disagree and that is fine. I just ask that you watch this video and ask yourself if you are comfortable with the message it conveys.
Here we go. Damn always end up posting toward a subject not allowed. Lol. I guess I will keep the mods busy and they me p-off. Anyway I think I saw that one and I do not agree with the message as airguns are just not a great choice for self defense. I’m ok if the presenter references that and their short falls but states some people don’t have another choice. Then it’s ok but I hate when they are marketed as a good SD tool. I’m also not sure what you mean about gun vids being counter productive to Rec shooting sports?? That’s just reality that they have great uses beyond rec shooting. No better SD tool made and portraying that isn’t bad in my opinion.

You can literally find any of this information on MULTIPLE sites. This isn't an issue so stop worrying about it, and stop making multiple threads about it.

If people are going to complain they are going to complain and there is nothing you, or anyone else, is able to do to stop them. Keep enjoying the sport and be happy that respected people in the shooting community are showing people our side of the sport. This will bring more people over and help grow the sport/hobby.

if you don't like seeing things like this, then maybe you should stay off the internet and locked inside your house.

Exactly! Here is another one:
Thats a good video... whats wrong with it?

It shows that these are not toys and they need to be treated with the same respect as anything else. Whats wrong with that? Hopefully this will stop people from buying the item and not understanding how powerful they can be.

Again people are going to complain about everything. Just worry about yourself and keep your shooting safe and you will be fine.

Can we please be done with this chicken little bs all the time?