• Much like Google Reviews - members are allowed to create (1) unique thread for each vendor/manufacturer. You may "edit" your thread at any time to reflect any changes.

Sig Sauer Warranty Support (Updated)

I have a Sig Sauer MCX Virtus PCP. It recently started leaking through the fill nipple on the air tank. (Not the threads, through he valve.)

I contacted warranty support and they informed me I couldn't just ship them the bottle, I had to send the entire rifle in. (OK, whatever. S&W made me send in an entire rifle when I just needed an new extractor for the bolt.) They sent an email form to fill out and requested proof of purchase for the one year warranty. Emailed it all off and waited. For just over a month. Resent the email.

Got a reply back finally. Now, "Due to you being in CA you will need to send this in through a local Dealer." ??? Yes, California is screwed up and has all kinds of restrictions on firearms. A few big cities even have restrictions on shipping air guns to your house. What does that have to do with this? The above mentioned S&W firearm was shipped without problem and shipped directly back to my door.

I have run into problems with some firearm dealers not wanting to ship anything to California or deal with the extra paperwork involved but none of that applies here.

Nov 26 update:

Still no answer to my question to warranty support of "who is a local dealer I could ship my rifle through."

I ended up just taking the valve apart and discovered the o-ring on the check valve was falling apart. (Turning powdery and flaky.) I had to buy 30 of them for $6 but it's replaced and has been holding air for 4 or 5 days. Thanks for nothing Sig.

Last edited:
Reactions: colhazard