• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Sig Sauer SIERRA3BDX 6.5-20X52 MM

I'm going to call sig sauer customer service tomorrow. As far as why spend so much on a scope I have no idea. But if you look at the nightforce scopes they are thousands more. It's not gonna really make the gun shoot better but if I can just range and shoot, well that makes it more fun. The Less time dialing or reading your range card the more time you have to shoot. 

A nice sigsauer BDX rangefinder can also do the trick with another scope of your choice. Of course, it will not indicate the point of aim directly into your scope but will give you a shooting solution (i.e. the number of clics to dial). I tried it and it's the way I would go if I had to invest my money in a nice rangefinder.

You actually prepare your gun/pellet profiles in the app and then sync one of these with the rangefinder. When you're done with this, you don't need the phone with you anymore. The rangefinder has a built in ballistic calculator that will do the math for you and give you the number of clics needed.

I bought the SIG combo and it did work well with my Fx Royale 400 between 25 and 80 yards. The scope does not focus below 25 yards. The optic quality is not as good as the NightForce SHV or the Athlon scopes in that price range but they don't have that clever range finder that talks to the scope. I am back to my SHV and Leica range finder so I will make you a deal on the SIG 2400 BDX combo if you PM me. I did like the ballistic calculator in the range finder and it works with the Kestrel as well.