Tuning Sig Sauer p226 x5 C02 valve mod

is this part that you drill ?

valve.1615755087.png

Hi Joeyjohnson, thanks for a very informative post. I have a Sig M17 which has just started leaking thru the valve in the magazine so I need all the orings and the nylon washer in that valve. Do you know where I can find them? ALSO,I have not opened up the gun to see the valve you are talking about but do you know if the same mods would apply to the M17? Thanks again...jim

Hey Jim, 

For orings - https://www.ebay.com/itm/233887542004

For the nylon c02 washer, these usally don't go bad. They can get scuffed up or dirty. Usually I take them out. Sand with some fine wet sand paper just to clean up any dings and then clean really well. Then use some gun oil when you install the c02. 

As for the valve, I have not been inside this exact model but they all function in the same manner so yes the mod should work fine. Let me know if you have any questions. 

Thanks 

Hello JoeyJohnson,

I am intereted in giving my SIg Sauer a bit more power.

But I don`t understand how to dismount it. (2 first points)

1.) Remove c02 cover and c02 if one is in it.

Do I have to remove grip right and left?

2.) Remove retaining pin by trigger and slide. Back of valve should be exposed. 

Are that the spring pins in front of the dummy take down lever or below it and behind the grip?

I added an explosion diagram of the pistol.

Can you explain by giving the corresponding part numbers?

download.png
View attachment Sig sauer X five 4,5 Co2 Exploded Diagram.1621962985.pdf

As you wanted to modify your MCX i added also an Exploded diagram of that rifle.

download.png
View attachment Sig Sauer MCX Exploded Diagram.1621963135.pdf

Thanx in advance for your advises

Hi Joey

As other members have said, thanks for sharing your work on this. Have just bought one of these and looking to carry out the mod you've highlighted. What's the best way of removing that pin on the dummy take down lever? The reverse has a straight cut away edge to it so was wondering if it has to be turned to release it?

Thanks!