Tuning Sig Sauer p226 x5 C02 valve mod

Hi, sorry to bother you again, i have sn old valve from my beretta px4 storm, i presume they are all similar? So i took some photos and hopefully you can tell me which areas need worked on, thanks. 
1585916666_18467828405e872afa6a7cc7.83696049.jpg
1585916667_19522643355e872afbd2ee66.36480534.jpg
1585916669_17449426145e872afd3830d0.65693989.jpg
1585916670_4370952995e872afe8dee52.78492876.jpg

I put red circles around the areas of interest. You will need to bore ( drill ) out the valve body inlet which you can see is the large circled item in the picture. On the sig the body is separate from the c02 inlet so it will make sense when you pull the sig apart. The valve is all one unit and self contained. Secondly you can bore out the valve stem. This is the second piece circled that is a chrome cylinder shape. Be careful when doing this, if you go to large it wont seal.

Next, the valve close spring controls the dwell ( how long the valve stays open after the hammer hits ) if you can find a spring the same length but with less tension you can add extra power from this. I put in a spring with about half the tension and it worked good. This allowed like 1/3 more c02 to get through each shot. Less shot count but WAY more power. What you are basically doing, because its c02 and you can not up the pressure, you are trying to flow as much c02 through as possible.

Finally, when you take apart the sig you will see the big blow back spring. After the above modifications you can put a much more tension spring in there. I think the blow back on those are way to loose. But in stock form the gun doesn't have enough poser to cycle with a tighter spring.

One last cool tip - If you are shooting below 70 degrees, Wrap a hand warmer ( you can get them at Walmart and other store like that in the camping section or online for very cheap ) around the c02 then put it in the gun. It will keep the c02 at 90 degrees for like 8 hours. That will put the c02 to about 1000psi giving constant strong power as well. You will also see the above modifications do the most in hotter temperatures. :) Let me know if you have any questions.

1585925089_13005171875e874be1471e12.72067041.jpg

Hi Joey. Got an MPX at the moment and am interesting in upgrading it. In the UK so preferably to below 12 ft/lbs, haha. Haven't really been able to find any info on the internet about how to or any mentions of doing it through spring and hammer work--other than yours of course, my saviour.

Was also thinking about buying a pistol and upgrading it (not that I actually know how to). Was liking the look of the X-Five and M17--thinking working on the M17 might be a tad easier with it field stripping? Of course, you seem to know a whole lot more than me about this so I'd be interested in any recommendations you have. Oh, and if it's loud as you say then perhaps one with a threaded barrel? But I hear it's not too difficult to thread the barrel yourself. So, yeah, open to anything really (as long as it looks cool of course, lol)

Anyway, thanks for your time mate.

Hello,

Yes I have TONS of experience with these. I have an MCX and my wife has an MPX. Both I put in a heavier hammer, tighter spring and its running on HPA. Because of the hammer work I was able to up the pressure on both to 1800psi. Thats' about the max those guns can handle. They have a lot more then 12ft lbs lol. However its not too hard to do. Just have to take note of the bolts you take out and stay organized.

Also on the hand gun, the x5 is nice but the way the C02 is set up you can't upgrade it to HPA, so I did a bunch of valve work to get the c02 flowing much more on mine, but its still limited. If I were you I would by a refurbished beretta for $40. I can get you the link. They are all metal ( I have 2 of these ) and convert to hpa easily. Blowback slide, HUGE solid knock valve, etc. They are very nice, and look awesome. Then with a little hammer work you would have a very field strippable, powerful hand pistol. Say 800fps with an 8gr pellet. Which would come to 11.36 ft lbs. Perfect for your location, but that is more powerful then your MPX right now out of a pistol! Good stuff. 

Let me know how I can help. I am happy to answer any questions as you do this. FYI - I am not looking for business but I do, do this type of work on the side for friends if thats an option you want to explore. My prices are very affordable. Really I just love working on this stuff. Let me know any way I can help, I have air guns from 15 ft lbs to over 300ft lbs so anything is possible. :)

Haha I'd be interested in your business mate but I think the problem would be getting a beretta with 11ft/lbs through customs--probably get me arrested. UK airgun laws are ridiculous. Without an actual firearms (yes, firearms) license you can't have pistols over 6ft/lbs or rifles over 12ft/lbs. That's why I'm more interested in upgrading the MPX to 12ft/lbs and maybe a pistol to around 6. Don't know why all pistols seem to come so ridiculously weak out the box--and so expensive over here. That $40 beretta you're talking about is probably double or triple that here at the bare minimum--with an extortionate delivery fee tacked on too. Send me the link and I'll try and find the price of it over here if you like. 

300ft lbs... Can't even imagine lol. Wish I lived where you did.

Sorry about that. Yea I don't know the laws where you are at. That sounds pretty rough. Well, I can help you along the way and I can help you get a pistol to 6 lbs no problem and that mpx right at 12ft lbs. Below is the link for the Beretta. Its ALL metal and really nicely set up. The slide is solid and its a snap to convert to HPA. Which even if you keep the power lower. HPA is so much better! I have bought two of these from ebay and both were like brand new. They are IDENTICAL to the 9mm. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Refurbished-Beretta-APX-4-5MM-CO2-Metal-Blowback-BB-Gun-Free-Ship-/253538620134

Yea I have a 25cal Hatsan that pumps out about 300 ft lbs. Its an absolute beast. Hatsan's are great guns but I think their minimum is more power then you guys can have. Below is the link to their site. They are having smoking deals right now on close outs and refurbished stuff. Their refurbished are nicer then new! FYI.

https://hatsanairgunsusa.com/product-category/refurb-deals/

Also if you can get it here is a link to a hatsan pcp pistol that is very nice. It is brand new close out for like half price. I bought one and it is my bug out bag gun!

https://hatsanairgunsusa.com/product/at-p1-pistol/

Let me know how I can help and please understand my ignorance with the laws where you are at. We are wide open here in the states. But we deal with other crap over here. Every place has their goons, I mean government... :)

Oh don't get me started on gun laws here--but hey at least we've got unregulated suppressors! Just not much to put them on lol.

Can't find the beretta refurbished here. Cheapest new I see is £120 with another £20 delivery. Aka $175.13. :) Fantastic, I know. Says the beretta fires steel BBs not pellets though? At 11ft/lbs isn't that a complete deflection machine? Seems like it would be painful to shoot if you're not good at dodging, lol.

I've looked at Hatsans but they don't really sell them here. Would have to get them imported from Europe--and even then it's definitely not the US regulation models. Most of the rifles limited down to 18J to comply with regulations. Didn't look too much at the pistols but I still doubt any of them are below 6ft/lbs because where I'd be importing from doesn't have the rifle pistol energy cap distinguishment. 

So yeah, still not really sure about what pistol I'd like. Already got the MPX and am going to open it up at some point anyway because I feel like it's underperforming massively and somethng's gotta be wrong in there--bought used. Need to get a chronograph to check it. While I'm in there why not give it a little tweaking around, right? What kind of parts would I need to buy (new springs, hammer, etc)? Already got a PCP tank for it and adaptor, just can't use it as I don't have a way to fill it atm, with every store being closed because of corona.

Thanks.

Yes it does shoot bb's but mine, heavily modified will put them right through a fence. LOL. At 11ft lbs it would ricochet. I don't really like the way the x5 mag works. Its like the mpx but it seems to jam if you go hard on the trigger. As for the mpx. If you line up empty pop cans how many can it get through? It should be around 8 if its running at its factory fps.

If you already have an hpa tank then you will obviously need a hand pump. Secondly what is it regulated at? The oring set up on those mpx can probably hold 2k psi but I stayed around 1800. Ok, for the hammer you will need to modify. If you pull it apart you will see the hammer slides on a rail. Where the hammer spring hooks to the hammer is where you will do the work. I got a 9/16 nut and the same size thread set screw. Then you will notice on the hammer that it has a piece that comes out for the spring to ride on. Using jb weld or super glue around the treads of the set screw then run the new set screw in to the 9/16 nut about half way. Let it dry completely.

Once dry ( this really just hold the two pieces from un screwing over time ) re assemble but put your new made part of the area where the spring use to mount. Then the spring will run on your new part. Like a spacer. However know this will cause the spring to have more tension, plus the hammer will now have more mass. Then once all is back together, shim your regulator to the desired psi. 1800psi is about max that the new set up can open. But you could run at like 12-1400psi and get your desired fps. You could just shim your regulator and not do the hammer work and it would probably work, but it will beat the hell out of your hammer trying to get that to open. 

One nice thing about this approach is that it is completely reversible, just remove the new part. And its the "right" way to do this. It to bad they don't just make this part. Its pretty simple. Also, while you are in there replace all the orings and lube with silicone oil. Also lube all moving metal components with moly. Also if you look at the inlet of the knock valve you will see they put a screen of sorts in there to slow down flow. It drills right out and that alone will add quite a bit. 

Do that stuff and your mpx will be rocking. Honestly if it is not performing check it out in side. Its very simple and easy to take apart / put back together if you just go slow and pay attention. Veery cool stuff! Once you do this work you will have a better understanding of whats going on in there and it will help your decision making on a pistol. Let me know if you need any help or run into any problems. 

There is really only a few ways to make an air gun powerful.

A.) More flow, more flow of air means more power but only until the projectile leaves the barrel then its just wasted air.

B.) More psi ( which is more flow ) however the hammer needs to be enough force to open it and keep it open long enough. But at some point the orings in the gun can't handle the pressure.

C.) Longer barrel, c02 is at around 800psi. However its a constant, so with a longer barrel, generally will build more power. The MCX and the MPX are the same gun really just one has a longer barrel and there for more power. My daughter has a umarex c02 rifle. Its small and would seem not to have much power. But the barrel is like 24in or something like that and with a little work it puts a bb out at almost 900fps.

So just some good tips. :)

Also 1 last tip. If you shoot in cold weather, I can't stress this enough, use a hand warmer pad from Walmart. They are in the hunting section for cheap. Wrap it around the co2 then put the cover on. The hand warmer will keep the c02 at around 90 degrees F. This will keep the gun running at peak performance for like 8 hours regardless of temperature. Also it is much easier on the gun at that temp then trying to work at lower temperatures. Below 70 F. 

Wow, thank you, that's a whole lot of information. I've had some jamming issues but put that down to pellets--ordered a whole bunch of trial packs to see what runs the best out of it. Wadcutters and hollowpoints, I hear. I don't even need to check to see if this will go through 8 cans. I can tell you now it will not. 

Was waiting to make sure I could fix the leaking issues before I bought a pump, but might as well get one now I suppose, now I have my new o rings and seals. It's a 3000psi tank regulated to 1100psi. https://www.bestfittings.co.uk/shop/co2-airgun-paintball/paintball/13ci-3000-psi-0-21-ltr-207-bar-paintball-air-system-with-fitted-regulator-new-1100-psi-output-regulator/ I hear it takes a good 300 pumps from a handpump to fill so at least I'll be getting some exercise, haha. 

As you can probably tell I'm new to airgun modding but this doesn't sound too difficult. When I open the gun up to change the rings I'll take a look at how likely it seems I'll screw it up completely :) 

As for pistol choice, I've been mainly looking at pellet pistols, as not to send bbs deflecting off everywhere. I do see those lead bbs which are meant to shatter on impact. Is it harder to modify non-blowback pistols? I ask because they're meant to give more fps but I've only seen you mention blowback ones. 

Interestingly your comment about the barrel lengths made me remember the MPX has a 8" barrel--if it were an actual gun this would mean it's a pistol here, as the barrel is shorter than 12". I looked a little deeper and there doesn't appear to be an actual definition of what is an air rifle and what is an air pistol in the UK... Got me wondering about the MP5K. What a richochety little beast that could be.

Thanks for all the advice--I'll look into hand warmers.

As for crossbows, no, no power regulations. And I imagine it's illegal to carry them around publically given it's illegal to carry just about everything publically over here. :)