))()()()()| - 1100 psi - ? doesn't seem right

))()()()()( - 1550 psi
^
))()()()((|| - 1500+ psi

()()()()()( - 1500 psi
^
()()()()()( - 1400 psi
^^^

Washers marked with a carat are the non-stock washers. They're .1mm thinner which has proven useful for tuning down a little (I don't want to go over 1.5k with a 1.8k burst disk in).
I have lots of springs and shims left over, so let me know if you'd like some.

Here are the results

)()()()()( - 1100 psi - stock

)()()()()( - 700 psi
^^^^^^^^^^

))()()()()( - 1550 psi
^
))()()()((|| - 1500+ psi

()()()()()( - 1500 psi
^
()()()()()( - 1400 psi
^^^

Washers marked with a carat are the non-stock washers. They're .1mm thinner which has proven useful for tuning down a little (I don't want to go over 1.5k with a 1.8k burst disk in).

So I bought the washers you had. When I took apart my regulator, I had a different setup for the washers. I had the following:

) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( )

It says it's rated for 1100psi output (like it should). I don't have my tester in just yet to see what it puts out stock, but it should be, according to your original diagram, it should be around 1500psi and not the 1100psi it says on it. I ordered my air rifle at the end of November in 2020 so I should have the V2 version of it. It was brand new as well. Could it be possible that you messed up with your counting of the washers? 

I finally put in the new reg it’s at 1540psi with 16g slugs but I’m getting an average of 620fps 640psi max on occasion. What do you think

You tried lower pressure outputs by using same ammo as with 1540psi ? And if so- What fps readings you gotten?

Im just thinking that 1540psi seems a bit high.. Have you increased hammer spring pressure to work against that 1540psi pressurized valve? I'm just worried about coming near towards a valve lock and not opening the valve as much as it used to..

I had a 95bar output pressure for quite a while - but it has now creeped up to 98bar. I've now just been thinking of taking one shim outta there to lower it slightly.. I have not just ever chronied mine cuz I have no chrony. But a chrony is definitely now on my shopping list. Tuning this Virtus has become way interesting to be without one.

Here are the results

)()()()()( - 1100 psi - stock

)()()()()( - 700 psi
^^^^^^^^^^

))()()()()( - 1550 psi
^
))()()()((|| - 1500+ psi

()()()()()( - 1500 psi
^
()()()()()( - 1400 psi
^^^

heres mine on 8FPE its got 13 bellvilles and 2 flat washers? I assume you I refers to the silver flat washers?

DSCF4860.JPG

You tried lower pressure outputs by using same ammo as with 1540psi ? And if so- What fps readings you gotten?

Im just thinking that 1540psi seems a bit high.. Have you increased hammer spring pressure to work against that 1540psi pressurized valve? I'm just worried about coming near towards a valve lock and not opening the valve as much as it used to..

I had a 95bar output pressure for quite a while - but it has now creeped up to 98bar. I've now just been thinking of taking one shim outta there to lower it slightly.. I have not just ever chronied mine cuz I have no chrony. But a chrony is definitely now on my shopping list. Tuning this Virtus has become way interesting to be without one.
How do you measure the Regulator Bar?

Any updates on this subject? Or any performance longevity updates? Looking to get more power and accuracy from my sig virtus 22cal pcp. Curious how to know what buttstocks are compatible with it as well. Thanks!
I've got a floating tank stock on my Virtus. There are several universal tank stocks you can get that will fit a 2" hpa tank. I can drop links or a pic of my Virtus if you would like to see how it looks 👍

Reactions: timspin
Looks like this thread is still active. New to this forum, although I am not new to airguns. However, this is the first time I tried modding a rifle- the virtus pcp. I assembled a pressure tester and my tank showed around 1150 regulated pressure. This was giving me an average of 599 fps and 11.43 fpe with 14.3 gr pellets. I upgraded the regulator by adding 1 shim with .010 thickness. My pressure went up to 1400 psi (maybe should have used .005 instead). Has anyone had issues with this high pressure? SIG states in the rifle a max of 1200 psi.

Reactions: TattoosByJohnnyV
Looks like this thread is still active. New to this forum, although I am not new to airguns. However, this is the first time I tried modding a rifle- the virtus pcp. I assembled a pressure tester and my tank showed around 1150 regulated pressure. This was giving me an average of 599 fps and 11.43 fpe with 14.3 gr pellets. I upgraded the regulator by adding 1 shim with .010 thickness. My pressure went up to 1400 psi (maybe should have used .005 instead). Has anyone had issues with this high pressure? SIG states in the rifle a max of 1200 psi.
I am interested in getting more FPE and accuracy out of mine as well….willing to do the work. Just curious on results people are getting

It's a bolt with the head drilled I used a left hand thread drill ( bolt extractor ) I also drilled out my magazine chain and put washers on each chain so they hold the pellets instead Of the 4 plastic flutes that damage the pellets , also changed a few other things inside (can't help myself I'm always tinkering with something in the workshop) Hope this helps others Mark Hall

16712286272813375465098652525112.jpg