Sig Sauer eBay clones buyer beware

Recently I have been considering a Sig Sauer Romeo 5 for a couple of house guns and to try with my one remaining eye. I noticed that the prices for the same unit ranged from $60.00 to $150.on and wondered why. Some research found that the Chinese are cloning the Romeo5, which surprised me as even the top price is not all that expensive.

So I researched Romeo 5 clones and found a couple of revealing utube videos. Yes they are rough at the seams, occular lens mounting is inconsistent, the red dot projector is in a different position and the red dot grows in size as you adjust for intensity. They also copy counterfeit paper currency in that they share the same serial number,that the authors did not reveal, that alerted the Sig Sauer service personnel who picked up on the counterfeit units.

Just another example of mainland Chinese junk and dishonesty. I say this because the vendor of the lowest priced unit when asked about this, said they would get back to me, but have failed to. It also taints my impression of EBay who cators to the Chinese sellers in reviews and no longer allows for product reviews from the purchaser. This is Ebay at this moment in history, but then Amazon has hacked my credit card 4 times now.

Looks like you still get what you pay for once again and makes Optics Plannet, Pyramydair and Midway worth the extra cost.

Regards,

Roachcreek

3-4 years ago I had a Romeo7 (bought it new in a store) + Juliet6 (traded for second hand) combo, I had an issue with optical center allignement = foot pads. Also, the red dot was some kind of line but not a dot - when magnified.
My wife is working in high tech optics (very high tech) and she told me that - the laser diode drops the dot on a front lens, but doe to a not the best coating on the lens reflecting it back as a line.
I requested a warranty repair but Sig was deep in trouble with supply chain, and after some 7 months of fighting through emails they decided refunding my money for a full package.
These were the images I toke and if the cellphone lens shows it nothing to do with astigmatism:

20200829_173638.jpg

And about your comment about chinese junk knock offs, don't be so sure, just read the engraving:

20210323_202616.jpg

When I complained to my local dealer about this, he told me that SigSauer has 3 product levels of sale, one for army one for lawenforcement and the lowest quality is for ....

• Wow
Reactions: SHOMER